1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers SHPE2000 or the SHPE2250?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by New Leaf LLC, Oct 26, 2012.

1. New Leaf LLC

New Leaf LLC Junior Member

I'm looking to get my first salt spreader for the bed of one of our trucks. It will probably only be used for salt. I've done a lot of research on plow site and have decided on an electric Salt Dog but my question is should I get the SHPE2000 or the SHPE2250? At Angelo's the 2250 is $1,150 more plus $100 more to ship. Has anyone used both or in your opinion is it worth the extra money for the 2250 and its slightly bigger size and extra features? Thanks.
  2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

We run several of the 2000 models and really like them. It was not worth the significant price difference to us. Angelos is certainly the place to buy as their prices can't be beat.
  3. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

New Leaf
    We are a saltdogg and SnowDogg deal and With the 2250 you get a invert V, Full length Auger pls its a little bigger

They both come with viberators, tarps, rachets, bunggy cords..

and both great machines

We are not to far from angelos... pm me your adress i will see what i can get you out the door for!
  4. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

Talk to grassman09 I know he has owned and used both.