1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buyers salter help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dieselpusher, Jan 7, 2009.

1. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

i have the older style buyer tailgate salter the orange one with the motor on the bottom.

does anyone have the model of that and a place where i can get the motor for it.

i looked a CPW and they want 200 i know i can get it cheaper there on ebay i just want to make sure its the right one

the one with the 4 bolt flange

are the newer controls compatable?
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i am not sure but i think it's a tgso1 it's a direct copy of the old meyer tail gate spreader .the motor's are the same if you get one for their 600lb spreader's with the variable speed control .they changed the plug but it's better . the control will work but i would get the complete harness . i believe this is the equivalent spreader . http://www.saltdogg.com/Instruction Sheets/3011391_Rev_A.pdf:salute:

JSHEGA Junior Member
    from Midwest

Sounds like the TGS01. Replacement motor 3320010 can be purchased at www.millsupply.com for $156.50 plus shipping.
  4. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

I ended up buying a motor on eBay for 89 bucks. It's the much thicker motor but you do need a variable control for it because it REALLY spins. But what I ended up doing was buying the motor to replace the old rinky dink motor that came with the buyers 300lb hopper and putting the motor for the 600 lb spreader. Then ended up getting the auger for the 600 lb because I'm switching over to bulk salt with a vibrator.

But all in all, the bigger motor is much better cause it has more torque then the old motor and if salt gets around the shaft it won't bind up cause it has more power to turn. But then you need the variable control to turn it down if salting drives. But good luck..
  5. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

thanks alot guys