1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Salter for sale in Northern Jersey...w vibrator and wing mount...

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 600rrpilot, Dec 28, 2009.

1. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

Hey guys...

Selling my Salter as I dont think Im going to mount in this season and will be going to a V-box next season. No reason to have it sit around and take up space. I'll get pics soon.

It is the TGS05B which has a 600 lb capacity and throws up to 35 feet, New around 1000 bucks.

It comes with a almost brand new (used 1/2 a season) variable speed controller...was around 200 bucks last year

Also comes with the "wintergate" swing mount so you have access to the Bed. This was a 300 dollar option..

And it has a vibrator on her.....extremely useful. I forget what brand but i know its one of the top ones and was prob 150-200 bucks.

So anyway...it is used and has the normal rust in some spots...the hopper is in fine condition and everything was always pressure washed after each use. So all in all your getting a 1700 dollar value for my sell price of 650 bucks. I will take pics later.

Item is located in passaic county NJ. I will not ship. Thanks!

2. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

can u send me some pics please

3. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

4. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

going home in a few to take the pics.

5. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

PS...would also trade for a small enclosed trailer with a ramp...

6. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

Pics!

Here you go guys. Please excuse the dirt and mudd and chains on it (I move it around with my excavator) The hopper is actually black plastic in fine shape i just need to wash it. Anyway....there she is. everything works perfectly and the frame is in pretty good shape i'll give it a coat of paint before you pick it up. The vibrator needs an additional switch aside from whats on the controller.

all wiring is included.

salter1.jpg

salter2.jpg

salter3.jpg

7. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

to the top. offers?

8. davidmiz

davidmiz Junior Member

what model truck is thi off of? will it fit a ford super duty?

9. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

it will fit anything you just have to bolt the mounts and then bolt the salter frame to the cross members.. I had it on a dodge ram 3500.

10. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

to the top

11. Elite Property Services

Do you know what it would cost to ship to Hinckley IL 60520? Or if willing to ship I wish you lived closer.

12. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

will salt leak from this while driving around??

13. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

fireman...i can check if you would like but i doubt it will be cheap.

eglc...nope not unless you turn it on. I traveled between accounts with a full hopper all the time.

14. Elite Property Services

I figured as much on the shipping just curious. Thanks

15. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

I contacted Mick on the site to get a shipping quote. I'll let you know what he says. I like road trips but...thats a lil far for me lol

16. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Pilot,

Take 500? on a company check, be happy to wait for it to clear before pick up if you'd like.

17. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I can do $550 cash this weekend??

18. davidmiz

davidmiz Junior Member

hi will you take $500? il pick it up from you or if you are coming down my way i can meet you. also do you know if i can mount this to the back if a utility bed? Thanks

19. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

EGLC fight ya for it!!!! LOL

20. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Bring it!!! hahahaha

If you get this that's cool bro....no hard feelings. You did post first lol