1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buyers salt spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by frndinalowplace, Feb 5, 2005.

1. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

:gunsfiring: :drinkup: does any body have that buyers 6oo pound low profile salt spreader?????? do u have any problems with it???and lastly what price did u pay for it......thanks :gunsfiring: :drinkup:

2. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

I have a 600 lb. buyers spreader. I am very happy with how it works. No problems so far,have used it mabey 20 times.With tax it was 883.00

3. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

Offtopic but I see you're from seven hills, I have a house on Nemet dr.

Hi neighbor :waving:

4. frndinalowplace

from 7hills

lol hey my uncle lives on nemet do u live closer to broadview cause thats where he live well we have a 2002 chevy 2500hd with a meyer 7.5 so if u c us around just wave or sumthing

5. frndinalowplace

from 7hills

o ya and we plow my uncle's and another drive way on nemet my uncle lives next to the nemets

6. mickman

mickman Senior Member

we bought regular buyers spreader [600#] and bought low profile for my new truck. Works great & I really like controller. Bought from Angelo's supply for
    $799.00 {best price I found anywhere} paid for itself 1st storm!

7. frndinalowplace

from 7hills

ya thats where i would buy it from to that place is great low prices thats where bought my strobes so it looks like u guys are happy bout the spreader

8. mickman

mickman Senior Member

yeah, were definitely happy. I wish I got both buyers in low profile spreader.
    I like the way the motor is inside of hopper. The controller fit perfectly in my dash below stereo, looks like it was stock option.

9. frndinalowplace

from 7hills

ok thanx if u have any pics can u please end them thanx

10. frndinalowplace

from 7hills

mickman did u have to buy a mount too or did it come with one

11. mickman

mickman Senior Member

I had to buy one for reciever mount & it was too low, went to parts dealer
    & had to buy a longer hitch mount [$63 bones]. I think I have at least one
    complete set that you buy for $150-200. let me know, I'll check & see if I do.
    you can mount to your bumper, but we prefer hitch mount
    {easy on, easy off}

12. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

spreader

Had that model last season. It wasn't bad but my new pro flo blows it away.

13. JUSTBE

JUSTBE Member

Pro Flo? Can you give more details on it. I have the Buyers salter. It works fine but it seems to flow the material too slow for my taste. I have to move SSSOOOOO slow inorder for the correct amount of salt to be spread.

Thanks for your help.

14. mylittlescoop

mylittlescoop Senior Member
    from nj

I believe he is talking about the Western Pro Flo. Its holds 950 lbs of salt mounts to your hitch or the bed of your truck. A GREAT spreader. Has a light on the back when you hit the break . Its about 1,600-1,900 new.
    The always have them used on E-bay. You can find great deals on them. A lot of plow jockeys use them and end up selling them becasue they don't want to plow anymore. Now is the best time to look most people think the season is over and I HAVE BEEN SEEING THINGS DIRT CHEAP. I seen one about 3 weeks ago go for 600.oo I think they have a 500 model up now somewhere unless it ended.
    Compared to these veterns I am not a snowologist but I think if you use what you have now and sell in November you can get pretty much what you piad for it becasue most of the time they are out of stock and new plow jockeys start wanting to learn how to plow and the selection is very limited around that time of year.:)