1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Salt Spreader...Help

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Plow_Rookie, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Plow_Rookie

Plow_Rookie Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hello Members,
    I am a "new" member so please bare with me. I was wondering if someone could tell me what model Buyers salt spreader I have purchased. The reason that I'm asking this is that the person I bought if from gave me paperwork for a model TGS05. But, the more I read it and look for info on the net the more is seems to be different. The paperwork I believe goes to a "low profile" spreader. The spreader that I purchased is NOT a "low profile". I believe it was one of the first/older ones for them (Buyers). The motor is on the bottom of the unit, and holds 600# of salt. I believe the unit I have is either a TGS01 or a TGS01a. Also could anyone tell me if the paperwork I have is not the right one where I could find it (the right one)? Thank you for you help in advance.

2. ksimpson

ksimpson Junior Member

3. Plow_Rookie

from Ohio

Thank you ksimpson for your help. This is one of the sites that I checked before that is why I believe i have the wrong paperwork. The spreader that I have is NOT" low profile' and is orange ( the hopper). The person I bought it from said it holds 600 pounds. Again ksimpson I thank you for your reply and your time.

4. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Try ABCTruck/ Buckeye Truck Equipment in Columbus. It is on Starr ave. Don't have the phone number handy but this should help. They are now dealing in buyers spreaders.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  5. Plow_Rookie

from Ohio

Thank you Young Pup I will try there.

6. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

Plow Rookie you probably have one of the older models. They have changed the style and color within the last 3 years

7. Plow_Rookie

from Ohio

Thank you Steve in PA.....yes I do believe I have the older model because it is tall and the hopper is orange. I believe the hoppers now are black and small.

8. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I have an orange tsg01, and had a yellow one last year that was identical. What specifically are you looking for in the brochure? I will try to find my paperwork.