1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers salt spreader and Mill Supply

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by gman2310, Dec 20, 2014.

1. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

Anyone have a issue ordering a buyers salt spreader? I ordered one 5 weeks ago and still have not recieved the spreader. It was a 8ft carbon steel with extended chute. No one can give me an answer to when it will be shipped. Wanna just call and cancel order but dont know if its actually buyers thats backed up. Never had this issue before, ive bought three and recieved them within two weeks

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

All the mfgs are backed up.

3. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

Issues...

I ordered a 10' stainless steel 8 yard spreader from buyers (actually bought through Central Parts) back in Sept. It took 9 weeks to get it. Buyers was backed up even then! Hate to say it, but I wouldn't hold your breath. It was also very difficult to get a solid answer from them.

4. LON

LON Senior Member

Call your local Henderson dealer as the plant in Iowa has 4 available - http://www.hendersontruckequipment.com/images/sale/HTE_Inventory.pdf

5. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

I want to stay with buyers as I have three other ones. I like the fact that all my spreaders are interchangeable between all the trucks and they are easy to fix. I have almost every part to fix the spreaders if something breaks

6. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Send a PM to smoorman on here. He's their factory rep for Plowsite. He might be able to help you narrow information down.

7. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

thanks for the heads up, i just sent him a pm

8. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

9 weeks and still no spreader. I dont understand how they can be this far behind. Any longer, i might as well cancel and wait till next year, especially since we havent had any snow

9. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I think I'd throw in the towel and wait until summer now. That's nuts.