1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers salt dogg

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JRSlawn, Feb 9, 2006.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

Any one have the buyers salt dogg looking to purchase a vbox next year and was really looking into these are they any better then the snow ex version? I am hesitant to buy a gas v box due to the fact I am worried about the motor getting cold and not wanting to start that is why I am leaning towards elect. Let me know what you guys think.

2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

If you have the truck to handle a Stainless Steel Vbox with a gas engine then go with that. Myself and all my buddies have never had a problem with the engines starting. Just keep up the small mainatanance and you should be ok. The salt dogg isnt a bad deal but I hear the snow ex is better but their service sucks. The only thing with the electric is they may jam up easier than the torch that the gas produces.

Ken