1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Salt Dog 2.0 Yd adjustment question.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by BBrady10, Dec 3, 2013.

1. BBrady10

BBrady10 Junior Member

Just purchased a Buyers 2.0 yd bulk spreader. It has 2 adjustable feed gates in the bottom that the manual says are set for bagged product. How do you guys set them for bulk salt. This will be my first attempt at bulk salt and dont really know know how open they should be. Im guessing the auger control really determines how much salt you put down but what about the feed gates?

2. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Honestly, they will work where they are. I personally opened both of mine another 1.5" or so. Its all personal preference. The only reason I opened mine more was for the small clumps clogging the openings all the time. I know some people take them off, but I found out it puts to much weight on the auger and jams alot. Just play around with it.