1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers S05b spreader problems, help!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Bo-Line, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Bo-Line

Bo-Line Junior Member

Can anyone offer possible suggestions on a spreader? I just installed a brand new S05B spreader on my truck and it keeps throwing the breaker on the controller. I have yet to run it more than 5-10 seconds. It keeps saying "auger jam" or something like that. The screw that pulls salt from the hopper really seems to me to be turning the wrong way. I have rechecked all the wires and they are exactly connected as the directions call for. Could the motor have been wired wron from the factory? Even though it has "black to black" and "red to red", could the wires be colored wrong? I'm at my wits end and have even gone to my mechanic who rewired everything but I still have the same problem. Any suggestions or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
    Jerry

2. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

When you shake the shaft is it loose? If so check to make sure the plastic X is in place . It goes between the motor and shaft connectors to hold them tight. Also double check all your grounds. Take a test light and connect the clamp to a positive power and then touch the point to the ground connector. If it lights then the ground is good. If not then fix it. You can also try swapping the wires on the motor. If the spinner shaft is jamming that will cause it to trip. same with bad connections.

3. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

The spinner should spin counter clockwise. I have heard of them being wired backwards before. rare I am sure.

More likely you have wet product. Trust me it doesn't take much moisture to get the dreaded "Motor Stalled" warning.

If the product is dry that thing will spread like the dickens. If it is even a little damp it will give you fits.

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The TGS05 IS RED/BLACK, BLACK/RED. The instructions spell it out, as the motor is wired by the installer.

This is because of the fact that the same motor is used on the 01 and 05. The TGS01 is RED/RED, BLACK/BLACK.

I know its counterintuitive - there were supposed to labels on the wires, and some of them got out without labels. Switch those wires and I'm sure you'll see a huge difference. If you still are having trouble, give Buyers a call at 440-974-8888 and talk to engineering. We'll help you out.

Scott Moorman
    Director of Engineering
    BPC

5. Bo-Line

Bo-Line Junior Member

Thanks So Much!

Thanks for all the help. I switched the wires and it worked great. Man a few minutes of typing saved me a heck of a lot of headaches! Thanks again!
    Jerry