1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers products introduces tailgate replacement spreader

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Michael J. Donovan, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Buyers Products introduced a new stainless steel Tailgate Replacement Spreader at the Work Truck Show 2010.

The electric-drive stainless steel spreader, part # 5535000, fits all DumperDogg™ pickup dump inserts.

5”x20” dual-flight augers with mixing tines move rock salt, chemicals or other free-flowing granular material to the 14” poly spinner. The augers and spinner are powered by independent 12 VDC motors.

The adjustable spread pattern, from 4 ft. to 20 ft., is controlled from an in-cab, independent variable spinner speed control and auger control.

Installation is quick and easy. The spreader weighs less than 300 pounds, and mounts in the existing tailgate opening with ¾” hinge pins.

The 5535000 tailgate replacement spreader adds functionality to the DumperDogg™ pickup dump inserts, and complements the existing line of SaltDogg® spreaders. They will be available through distributors in July 2010.

About Buyers Products Company. Founded in 1946, Buyers Products is a fully integrated manufacturer and supplier of a complete line of products for the mobile equipment industry. Multiple manufacturing capabilities include forging, stamping, laser cutting, CNC machining, robotic welding, rotational molding, powder coating and assembly.

Product lines include towing products, toolboxes, truck and trailer hardware, rubber/polymer products, dump body hardware, cables and control systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, driveline components, snowplows, salt spreaders and snow & ice control products.
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Is this based on the downeaster design?
  3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I heard terrible things about that downeaster tailgate spreader.
  4. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Scott, What is the MSRP on the unit?
  5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Pictures please!!
  6. Pristine PM ltd

What's the point of all of these posts about all of these new products if Buyers doesn't put a bit of time in answering questions?

I don't know much about buyers, and I heard about the issues with the controller for the salt doggs, which I hope they fixed, but this is a lot of new stuff and they really should be more active right now building their brand.
  7. loudredram

loudredram Member

Give them time,.....it is the weekend
  8. Pristine PM ltd

Then they shouldn't have had plowsite post all of these on a friday.
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I can tell you that the Dumperdoggs (both steel and poly) have been on the market for about a year, go for around 3K depending on the dealer.

As for the rest, you should have gone to the NTEA show. Scott and all the Buyers folks were there. You could have had all your questions answered, touched the product and be telling us all about it. Since you didn't, we'll have to wait for their return.

Anticipation is an excellent marketing tool.:D
  10. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

dang that looks cool, I am interested now!
  12. spunkmeyer

spunkmeyer Junior Member
    from NE US

Still no more info? I'm planning on buying a Downeaster SS dump insert and replacement tailgate spreader, but I might be convinced otherwise if I could at least get an MSRP! I can't find any retailer's online carrying this yet. Is the design based on the downeaster, or is it it's own animal?