1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers products introduces expanding wing snowplow

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Michael J. Donovan, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Buyers Products introduced a SnowDogg® Expanding Wing Snowplow at the Work Truck Show 2010, to complement the existing line of snowplows.

Hydraulically expanding wings offer the flexibility for width adjustment on the fly. With 10 feet of plow in and 8 foot package, operators are able plow large areas; and quickly reduce the plow width for drive-thrus, driveways or other narrow spots with the push of a button.

The wings include a 20 degree scoop, which provides excellent snow pushing action and still allows for flawless throwing while windrowing. Tests have shown a time-savings of 20-25% compared to standard fixed blade plows.

Easy-to-use hydraulics with full-size SAE cartridge valves and oversized 3/8” hoses provide smooth operation. The rugged stainless steel moldboard construction spreads loads across components, not connection points.

SnowDogg® snowplows feature stainless-steel corrosion-free moldboards; 70° attack angle for excellent scraping, rolling and throwing action; heavy-duty power unit; and patent pending quick mount system.

About Buyers Products Company. Founded in 1946, Buyers Products is a fully integrated manufacturer and supplier of a complete line of products for the mobile equipment industry. Multiple manufacturing capabilities include forging, stamping, laser cutting, CNC machining, robotic welding, rotational molding, powder coating and assembly.

Product lines include towing products, toolboxes, truck and trailer hardware, rubber/polymer products, dump body hardware, cables and control systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, driveline components, snowplows, salt spreaders and snow & ice control products.

xp plow.jpg
  2. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

WOW, wasn't expecting that one from buyers
  3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I like it.
  4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

cant wait to see it in person
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Very interesting.....
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I am willing to guess there is no patent infringment, but they will have to will try.
  7. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Looks to have 1/2 of the wing angle that the blizzards / wideout / xls's do. I'd like to see a video and pics of the back of the moldboard... about time someone came out with a stainless expandable plow.
  8. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

That is the main benefit I would say.
  9. WilliamOak

Looks to be the only advantage they would have over a DD produced power plow.
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks nice but most people can't weld stainless at home. Really puts Buyers into the game if it hold up.
  11. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Why is that? Explain why you would want less angle of scoop? I don't get it Jon.

I'm sure DD will have a stainless one soon as well.
  12. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

13. Grassman09

10-4................ Copy that..
  14. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I agree...Stainless is not for your garage mechanic to weld...Im waiting to see the price on this thing...Im guessing $6000-$7000 Retail...
  15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm guessing you don't spend much time looking at the Fisher/Western/Blizzard threads

Absolutely. If the quality is good, and the pricing is consistent with their other plows, they will be a serious contender. Will be fun to watch.

I wonder if the frame work is stainless, or just the moldboard?
  16. WilliamOak

17. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I cant see the frame work being stainless...Too expensive....Ive got my deposit in hand and im rushing out and getting one..Oh wait..I think i will let them get the bugs out first...Im keeping an eye on this plow in the mean time.....:drinkup::nod:
  18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

19. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Those "oversized" 3/8" hoses are pretty much standard on the other Power Plows....

Any specifics on the hydraulic system? I didn't make it to the NTEA Show to see these in person, but I knew they'd be unveiling it there. Without a properly sized pump, these plows could be painfully slow. I couldn't find any information on their website, I'd love to see some additional specifications and pictures of the rear of the moldboard.

Also to note, the slide boxes look to be much higher and smaller than Blizzard and DD uses. The slide boxes see a LOT of stress when the wing strikes a object, and with steel edges, these are really going to be taking a beating.

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on them and how they hold up to field hours. They could prove to be a great revolution against the DD Titan.

20. Grassman09

Is there allot of dealer support or dealer network in the US? Not allot here or in my neck of the woods.