1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Pro wings replacement rubbers

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Sledpuller585, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Sledpuller585

Sledpuller585 Junior Member

I have a standard series Poly 7.5' moldboard with a set of the buyers pro wings mounted up. I had to make all my own brackets and bracing but it was well worth it. Anyways, the rubbers are pretty worn at this point and beat to the south and back, so I am cruising ebay at lunch and found somebody who offers urethane replacements at comparably the same rice, same durometer harness as well. They claim to be more abrasion resistant, which is great, My worry is will they flex then come back like the rubber does? Or do they break instead? Any feedback positive or negative would be great. Thanks!

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

if the material is "uhmw polyethylene", stay away....its great stuff in the right app, and we use it, but not for prowings.

you want 1in thick "polyurethane"....that's the best material for prowing cutting edges.

3. Sledpuller585

Thanks for the information. The seller just has them listed as urethane. I'm awaiting a response to see what material they really are. Advertised as "natural color" and not requiring color pigments as well. They look sort of like a cloudy piece of plexiglass in color

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

sounds like uhmw....

5. Sledpuller585

6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

7. Sledpuller585

I'll put em on and find out if we get anymore sizable snow. Thanks again