1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Pro-Wings on Fisher LD 6'-9"

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ken643, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Hey guys, anyone using the buyers pro Wings on a Fisher? I have not seen any pictures or comments from Fisher users. Are they worth it? I am trying to control/stop trailoff snow on long driveways and small lots. Trying to cut down on the pushes cleaning up the trailoff with my little 6'-9". Have seen them on beay for around $200.00 One thing I seem to see often is they dont hold up well?

Thanks

2. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

I have them on my 8' HD. They are AWESOME!!!! You'll never want to plow with-out em again.

Unfortunately, these are the only pics I could find.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  3. grec-o-face

I bought mine from a fellow mwmber here on Plowsite.

Just remember, measure twice, drill once.Thumbs Up

4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I use them on my 9' blade and love them.

The biggest thing for me was to stop trailoff on my clean side when plowing light snows at full angle and pushing to one side.

Also doing drive-lanes during busy hours in parking lots and the such. Makes a difference in how much snow you can catch before trail off begins.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Don't try to use them like a blade extension. They are to control snow better. You start trying to hook snow out of frozen piles and you will bend them up.

6. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

that last comment from Basher opened an eye, because after the town plows I use the corners/edges of the plow to carve into the frozen mound. If they cant hack that then I guess they are not going to work out for me. Was really hoping these would. I know they come off easy but wants to be jerking around with on and off. I have to hustle, I fly from drive to drive.

7. grec-o-face

I agree. They certainly aren't for breaking down glaciers. Mine lasted through last years non-stop snowfall... And toward the end, I was anything but easy on them. I think they're pretty strong for what they are.

8. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

we ran them on our toyota's with 6'9'" ld's (the heavy old-style ones). and they were good to a point in terms of durability. personally I think the cost versus savings is huge. on a 6'9" blade you'll be pushing 8.5' and you'll see incredible increases in productivity. mounting them is a bit of a PITA on the small blades, they're designed to go on the big plows. it is doable though. pushing with a jeep will be easier on them than a full size truck. if you're careful with them you'll be ok, otherwise buy a big hammer and anticipate un-bending them.

9. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Is there enough of an angle on them to help with the trailoff? A buddy of mine (on plowsite) bought Meyers wings and put them on his western, he said they have a 45 degree angle, the pro wings are only 22 degrees?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  10. grec-o-face

I think they do a very good job at keeping trails down.
    I'm totally content with the Pro-Wings and have no intention on changing them.

11. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Who on Plowsite sells them? I saw them on ebay for like $208.00 free shipping

12. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Jim@esi

Around 175 plus shipping last time I chexked.

13. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Where do I look for jim@esi?

14. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Just do a search for "jim@esi". You will find him in many threads.

His contact info is in his signature. Give him a call or pm

15. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thanks very much