1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers pro wings on Blizzard 800 HD

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by RoyBoy, Dec 9, 2009.

1. RoyBoy

RoyBoy Junior Member

Hey guys, I'm mounting a set of pro wings on my 800 HD, its just a bit too narrow for the dually (and well, wider is always better). Noticed that the 1" pin that goes towards the inside (need to drill a 1 1/8 hole) will come out inside the boxed part of the blade. I have a couple ideas how to make it work, but would like to know if any of you have done it before and how. I thought about extending the pin and drilling through both pieces. But maybe there is a better way. Thanks. :salute:
  2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

I'd try extending the pin or move the location of it
  3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Prowings are junk. I've run them and bent them & straightened them too many times over the years.

The solution:
    Danger Wings!
  4. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Wait over a year for a set of Danger Wings then decided to make my own. It's not rocket science building a set similar to the Danger Wings. If you can weld half way decent build them. It's also my understanding Jerre isnt selling the danger wings anymore. Those Buyers are crap...you'll rip them off in no time.
  5. RoyBoy

RoyBoy Junior Member

Thanks for the input. I ended up moving the pin up about 3" on the wing. I'm sure the danger wings are the real deal, and I'm sure I could make a set. Just short on time these days. We'll see how they hold up :)