1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Pro Wings Installed

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by firefighter1406, Dec 21, 2009.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Plowed for the first time with this plow today and the snow trails drove me nuts. Went straight to the plow shop and bought a set. What do you guys think? I know they will not fix the trail issues totally, but should help a lot. Now I am pushing almost a 10 footer.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. turb0diesel

turb0diesel Senior Member

nice!
    how much you pay
    around $200 im guessing?

3. firefighter1406

Price went up from last year like everything else. I called around and paid $235. That was the cheapest I could find. You can order them through Northern for $226 shipped, but you have a 2 week deliver time. There was one other place you could get them a little cheaper, but this way was faster for me.

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Quick tip, get a piece of 1" wide flat stock, drill it and run the bolts for the rubber edges through it. At the very least get some larger washers for the bolt heads or they will tear through the rubber.

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

X's 2......those things will probably rip the first time you go out if left like that.

Looks good though, and you'll definitely increase your production!!

6. firefighter1406

Thanks for the suggestion about the flat stock. I will go to the store and see what I can find tomorrow. I dont need to be trashing anything. I hope I have the rubbers set up right. We will have to wait for a snow and see.

7. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I just added another set of bolts on the upper part of the rubber on the 2 sets I had. Keeps the rubber from bending back and forth at the main bolts so much. I have never had them tear off.

8. Powastroka

Powastroka Member

NICE! Can you post more pics of behind the blade and how the attach?

9. firefighter1406

Here are the pics from the back.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

10. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I'd also put some jam nuts on the mounting bracket bolts or they'll end up coming loose.

11. firefighter1406

Thanks, I had planned on it I just put them together late last night. They still need some fine tuning. :)