1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Poly Hopper Spreader Model# SHPE1500

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Tino578, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Tino578

Tino578 Junior Member

:gunsfiring:
    Anybody have any feedback regarding:

Buyers Poly Hopper Spreader — 1.5 Cubic Yard Capacity, Model# SHPE1500. Looking to put it in a 03 sliverado 2500HD Ext. Cab. Any thoughts on the quality? Any one currently using one?

2. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I have two of the 2yd models. ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM!!! purplebou They are exactly the same as the 1.5 yd, but a bigger box. You will have to run the vibrator all the time, but you can throw some serious salt:cool:. Never had a problem with them what so ever.
    I would personally say to go with the 2yd, since it is only a few hundred more. This way you can grow into it as you grow.:waving:

3. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

buyers spreaders are great!

4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

we have good luck with the Steele the stainless and the poly spreaders one thing about all spreaders is the maintance you have to keep them super clean

5. Tino578

Tino578 Junior Member

I tried the Buyers SUV for my private driveway accounts and boy did it drive me to :drinkup: I had just enough time to return it before my 30 day return policy was up. Im now on the search for the BEST On-line price that I can find either the Buyers Poly Hopper model #1500 or #2000. Can anyone help? Northerntool has the 1500 for $3199.00
    and I found this other webb site that has the 1500 for only $2799. If I buy from northern tool they said they would match the price AFTER i buy from them full price I'll have my $500 credit from the SUV tailgate sander I returned so all I would have to come up with extra is $2299.00. Good Idea bad Idea?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

My customers love them, what a total opposite from their cheap tailgate units.

Maybe the best product Buyers (SAM) produces. A home run, relatively low tech up High quality Karrier controls, weathertech connectors all in all a fine unit, but like everything else in it's class it won't last with out maintance.

7. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I got my two from angelos-supplies.com. I paid $2950 for each of the Model 2000. I highly recommend them. Very nice and Easy to deal with. Depending where you are, my shipping to me was $190 total for both to my door. I would buy something else with your credit from northern. They are a little pricey on these. Good Luck

8. Tino578

Tino578 Junior Member

Thanks for the info Drot! I was wondering it says that the hopper comes off for easy cleaning, would there be acess to my trailer hitch if the hopper was removed incase I had to tow something? Also did it come with a cover so the weather cant get inside? Thanks again! Angelo's is the cheapest so far!

9. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

I just picked one up(2 cubic yrd poly/electric) about 2 weeks ago. I have put about 40 tonnes through it.
    FAN-FRIKIN-TASTIC!!!!!!.
    It's is a great unit. The best thing about it is the fact that it takes about 3 seconds to power wash it CLEAN .
    I am very satisfied with it. Would recomend it to anyone.
    I have an AIR-FLO slide in salter as a spare now. lol
    No chains to grease,adjust. No engine to tune ,or fill up,WOW.

The other thing about this unit that I like is that I can remove the spinner,back it up to my salt bins,and fill them up with just the auger,and vibrator on.
    No more shoveling to fill bins.
    WOOOO HOOO.tymusic

10. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Tino,
    As a matter of fact, I just towed a trailer the other day with it on my truck. The spinner assembly comes off with the pull of two self locking pins and one electrical connector. Very easy and fast. It does come with the straps to hold it down, fitted tarp and bungies. Good luck and post some pics if you get it.:waving:

11. Tino578

Tino578 Junior Member

This is bad, just talking to you guys about it makes me want to spend 3k. This site is a bad influence J/k! LOL anyone else that has a opinion lets here it!!

12. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I've had mine on a for awhile now and IF there was anything to say bad about it is that whenever you turn it on it starts on high and then drops down to the speed you set. If you have a smaller lot w/ alot of nooks & crannies then you'll use more salt than you really would if you just had a plain 'ol tailgate unit.
    I think the Snow -Ex tailgate units start on high too.
    I know they are SUPPOSED to do that but it seems to waste some salt.
    Other than that I LOVE the unit!!!
    No piles of empty bags in the back of the cab and NO pallets to deal with!
    Just gotta keep an eye on the loader guy so he doesn't dent the side of your p/u truck.
    I'd buy another one in a heartbeat!:nod::nod:

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That's typical, they all do it, Snow-ex, and any of the Karrier built units.. They need the Amprage shock to get started.

14. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Ya I know. It just seems like it wastes alot of salt but, I guess I shouldn't whine-it still beats having to get out of the truck and pull start it!

15. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

are we talking about the SALT DOGG????

16. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

yes:) the best out there!

17. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

i want one bad, trying to find an end of season deal on one

18. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

angeloes is probably your best bet!:salute:

19. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

Hey ColumbiaPlower, contact Maxwell Truck and Equipment in State College PA. I got my 1500 from them as a Demo, with full warranty, for about $2400.
    I Love mine! Just got it this season and have put 44 tons through it, with no problems.
    Hope to add another for next season.

20. jhsom129

jhsom129 Junior Member

i have the model 2000. this is my first vbox, love it but it doesnt seem to throw it as far as my tailgate spreaders ive had. also seems to maybe throw wider to the driver side of the truck. can anyone tell me about how far theirs throw and if it is about the same on both sides.