1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Plow wings (wont line up)

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by John143, Nov 19, 2012.

1. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Ok so I got my new set of buyers wings today for my 8ft HD. Now I have them installed as per the kit but the 2 knobs on the side of the wings that gos into the holes on the plow are about 1/2 off?? I did not have to drill the 2 bolt holes because they were per drilled already. So I know I didnt screw up the line mint. If I take a real big drill bit I can get that 1/2 that I need to make it work. But will this screw everything up? Brand new plow never seen snow yet!! So I know its not bent or anything.

Anyone have problems installing theses wings>?

Also I took off the end caps. That didnt do anything still wont line up!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

are they the HD wings or the EX wings? there only a 3 inch differents in height so make sure lol

3. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

look behind the blade before drilling . dont want to drill into a rib . where did you buyers them ?LOL;)

4. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

What do you mean by (3 inch differents in height so make sure ) My install paper work says HD plow kit 16021510 or EX plow Kit 16021610. The dealer didnt give me them in a box so Im not sure what the part number was. They do fit and fold up just fine. But when I try to open them up the 2 nipples dont line up with the two holes on the side of the plow.

Are these wings supposed to be the same height as the plow?

5. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

From my dealer today. The hole thats already on the rib needs to be wider or bigger for these things to line up. My damn dealer is 45mins from my shop! Hate to make another trip also these was the last set of wings he had.

6. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Mine dont line up on my EX very well, you have to kick them hard to make them work

7. Spool it up

so you need to ream the holes wider on the moldboard only ? not the wings themselves ?
    i wouldnt even scratch the wings just yet

8. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!!

I just went out side and kicked the **** out of these wingers!! :realmad: Now they are in the holes! Thumbs Up

NOTE TO BUYERS: Please add to your instructions. "after install is complete to use your new wings, kick or beat plow wings into place before each use" :rolleyes:

$600.00 bucks and now I have to go out and buy a pair of steel toe boots to use my new plow wings!! NICE! :eek:

9. Spool it up

i can remember them wings sold for 250 when they first came out . dam

10. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Yes! You are correct. For whatever reason these things don't line up just right. Im going to call the dealer first and see if he wants these ones back but It looks like something buyers still didnt fix! :realmad:

11. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

$579.95 plus tax 3 hours ago......

12. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

I think Im going to send buyers a bill for my new pair of work boots to use their wings. Also need a couple parts for my salter that should be covered free of charge for this mess! Don't ask $600.00 bucks for something I need to modify to make work.

13. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

14. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

I have 5 sets...... OUCH

15. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

When i installed mine i measured and i was like no way a 7/16 pin will fit a half inch hole at an angle so i went bigger they seemed to work fine.

16. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Yeah a $100.00 and 4 broken drill bit's later..... My wings now work!! However, I now have 2 broken handles on my pins. I guess I shouldn't of beat the pins in with a hammer and then expected to pull them back out by the handles... :blush2:

What was buyers thinking?? Come on guys!! Drill the damn holes large enough!! :salute:

17. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Regarding cost, I got a quote on Boss wings for a straight blade- $699 (online) & $799 locally. Not stainless and don't fold for transport.

18. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Wow they are up there in price. Thats the whole reason I got these buyers wings. They fold up on the go...... Had i known I would be drilling holes for hours on solid steel I would of had the dealer install them and just took them back when they didnt work.

19. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Your welcome. I thought about taking the plasma cutter and opening those holes up, glad I didnt because they seem to move and flex different every year. So some days there is no kicking, they just swing open and close. Other days go find something to push or pull on. LOL! I still like them because they have held up really well compared to: pro wings, power scoops, or my buddies western wings. The wings on the dogg are what sold the plow to me.

20. eatonpaving

eatonpaving PlowSite.com Addict

true the wings make the plow, i had to ream out my holes but only one one side of the hole and get the thick paint off the guide pins, then i reamed out the holes for the pin and clip, just kept reaming till it was smooth as glass, now i can fold back my wings with just one finger....