1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Plow Wings on 8' Western Pro

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 02F250, Jan 31, 2013.

1. 02F250

02F250 Junior Member

I have a brand new Western Pro 8'. I wanted to add wings to assist in keeping the snow in the blade while cleaning up ends of driveways. Can I still backblade effectively with the wings? I dont have a backblade on the plow, but it does a good job as is for now with the new cutting edge, but will the buyers wings allow you to still backblade and leave a clean pass? If it does, it seems like it would be more productive because i am making bigger passes in the driveways and hopefully less snow loss while stacking at the ends, seems like i can speed the process up. Looking for your feedback!

-Eric

2. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

why now get the western wings , they look alot better build

3. 02F250

02F250 Junior Member

I definetly would, but they are only for pro plus, not the pro. I should have gotten the pro plus to begin with, but the dealer said get the pro because western doesnt recommend pro plus on fords with diesels due to the wait. Should t have listened to him and got the damn thing.