1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buyers or snowex

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by CR128VT, Nov 7, 2012.

1. CR128VT

CR128VT Junior Member
    from Vermont

Looking for opinions on tailgate spreaders. I have the choice between a snowex sr210 or a buyers TGSUVPROA

2. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

we use snowex products and love them! I would not use anything else.

3. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Get the dogie TGS07 little over $1200.00 bucks and comes with the vibrator!!

4. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

SnowEx for sure

We've used many different brands over our 33 years.

SnowEx has been more reliable and generated more profit than any brand we have used. We run several different models and they simply work year after year. Are they perfect? No. But they are very very good.

They are made different and better than other spreaders. They are not the least expensive to buy, but are the most profitable to use.

5. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

X 2 on the TGS07. Bought mine last year and have nothing bad to say about it. It's a lot of spreader for the money.

6. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

I just re-read your post and noticed you actually are looking at a smaller unit. I actually own an SR 210. I find it to be a really light duty unit, and I had issues with the wireless remote working--sometimes it would, sometimes it wouldn't. Often, I'd have my arm out the window trying to get it to turn on or off.

Though I haven't had one, I'd probably opt for the Buyers unit if I were you for the following reasons:

-Integrated cover. This is really nice if you're working while actively getting snow/sleet/rain/etc. This type of spreader really needs the material to be dry to properly feed, this is easier when it covered. Snowex offers a cover for the sr210, but it's a cheap, flimsy poly thing with elastic that doesn't hold up-it would be just as effective to bungee on some 6 mil poly.
    -The Buyers unit is wired, as I said above, the wireless unit was often problematic.
    -The Buyers unit has substantially more capacity, and greater capacity is always a good thing when it comes to spreading salt (one of the reasons I retired the sr210 and bought the Buyers TGS07)
    -The Buyers unit has much more control over speed, which means a broader range of spread width versus the Snowex which has only 2 speeds.

For my money I'd go with the Buyers. For what it's worth, my experience with Buyers customer service has been good as well. I can't speak for or against Snowex regarding that though, because I never bothered to deal with them. To be clear, I called Buyers for another issue on another piece of equipment, not on my spreader.

7. CR128VT

CR128VT Junior Member
    from Vermont

I went with the buyers, and today was the first day I used it and it failed. I had no adjustment in the speed. It ran full speed and completely emptied itself and blew a fuse. I could not get any help from customer service or tech support. I am not happy at all biggest piece of garbage I have bought yet.

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I ran buyers for years and never let me down before I went to truckcraft insert and spreaders. Did you wire it up correctly?

9. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I'd blow up their customer service as well as giving hell to the place where you bought it. It sounds like there was either a wiring issue or a defective controller. I hope you're able to get the issue resolved. Let us know how it goes!

10. CR128VT

CR128VT Junior Member
    from Vermont

Well I think I have it straightened out after repeatedly calling BUYERS and eventually having to cause a stink on the phone they stopped forwarding me to tech support voicemail and actually to a tech support agent who told me what I already knew that I needed a new controller and to contact my distributor cause they couldn't help me. That lead me to problem number 2 I bought it off Amazon.com cause no local distributor could get me that small of a spreader in a reasonable time frame. Amazon did step up and are sending me a new complete unit for tomorrow , but that means I have to rip out the old one and pack it up to send back.:

11. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

Fisher all the way here

12. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

seriously!!!! comparing a buyers to a snowex is like comparing a yugo to a lincoln. that's not even a apple to apple comparison, but yet you still get people saying how great buyers are. let me guess the same guys probly use myers plows and think they are the best also. i need not say anymore

13. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

I know! Let's state our opinion as fact, and using that basis, we can then automatically dismiss anyone who disagrees with us as idiots. This way, we'll always be right! It's perfect!

You're right, you need not say anymore. Your post contributed absolutely nothing to this thread.