1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Mini Tailgate Salt Spreader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by infinity88, Aug 25, 2004.

1. infinity88

infinity88 Junior Member

i have an 88 S-15, will this be too heavy for my back end (ie, is it made for a larger truck)? will i need timbrens on the back with this spreader fully loaded? this will be my first year doing by the push residentials, will this be worth it? will it make me money?

THANKS FOR YOUR FEEDBACK. - don't know what i would do without you guys!

-Don

buyers mini.jpg

2. infinity88

infinity88 Junior Member

here is my truck.

Attached Files:

3. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

i think tou are safe!!!!!!!!!!

4. rainair

rainair Senior Member

note for all buyers mini spreader owners, if you bought it last year and have not had to replace motors 2-4 times.. your lucky! I fgot them after the 3rd motor [small one] to send me the larger motor. I dont know what their motors are like this year.. jm2c

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I think you will be ok i have seen them on small suvs and compact p/u and im sure you can make money there always those steep driveways and maybe small pkg lots

6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I don't know about the size of your driveways or the capacity of your spreader, but it looks like it will work fine on your truck. I used to use a 100# capacity spreader on a ATV for years to spread salt on large lots, just had fill up a lot. Always seemed to make money for me. Still use the little spreader for residential; work & sidewalks.
    boast:waving: