1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers LED Clear Utility Light

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by CSLC, Jan 7, 2012.

1. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

we have them on all three of our plow trucks. I wasn't that impressed with them at first since they light doesn't carry as far as a halo bulb. however, they are much more intense @ close distance. I can actually reverse in my truck with 20% tint's without rolling the window down now.

i think i paid $40 or 50/ea for mine from surplus center.

3. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

I agree they are bright at close range but I prefer a halogen. We mounted one on the back of your salter to be able to see the salt but it doesn't work all that well.

I think I am going to pull some Hella FF500 back their, I have a couple lying around.

4. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

5. 512high

512high Senior Member

Led work lights!

I just purchased some LED worklights from www.autolumination.com go under semi truck lights etc, scroll down, i bought to "try" 18watt round(for under bumper) on one plow trk, bought (2) 27 watt square for the rear of our Kubota loader, we removed the stock rear worklights. No snow in New Hampshire(southern part), i must say, these lights are brite,they are a flood pattern, how well they work in snow? they are blind if you look direct, they have OSRAM led, which is a leader in led tech. however, im sure they are made overseas....my two cents worth.

6. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Can you take pics?

7. 512high

512high Senior Member

tuffscapes, i dont know how to post pics here, if you want to send me ur email via private message, i have one pic of the 27watt square led i took yesterday on the kubota in direct sunlight,...philip

8. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Sorry I have to appoligose, I thought you were talking about http://gotplowparts.com/i-7281610-bu...t-12-volt.html in your original post.

I have not tried the ones you originally asked about.