1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers Info Needed

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by pinepointe, Dec 10, 2006.

1. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

I am looking at buying the 800lb Buyers tailgate salt spreader. I am looking for any info reguarding this or any buyers products. Basically I want know how they hold up and how they are to deal with for service. Thanks Josh :dizzy: :dizzy:

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I've had mine for 4 years now, the only problem I've had is one of the magnets in the motor came loose. I ordered a new motor from J-Thomas. Most online companies carry all the parts for the Buyers spreaders. BTW, I just took the old motor apart and reglued in the magnet now I have a spare motor. I would definately buy another Buiyers spreader.

3. starc

starc Senior Member

I would say any salter with the motor monted at the bottom of the dirty end will have problems. That's why I bought a western por flo. Motor is at the top and is out of the salty end...

4. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

I was worried about the position of the motor, but on the 800# model the motor os mounted towards the top of the hopper in a protected location. I found a company in MI that is selling the 800# version for $750.00

5. Snoflo

Snoflo Member

The Buyer are the best product for the price...As ive stated in the past check out: www.ealandscapesupply.com/saltspreaders.htm you can view the spreader and click to get all of the product details and also view all of the replacement parts and schematic diagrams for them. Oh and you are correct the new TGS05B has the motor mounted on the top and it is protected by a cover.

6. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

Thanks a lot guys for all the info. It souunds like we are go to order at least one for now , maybe two. Snoflo I checked out that web site looks like they have the cheapest prices gona call tommorow thanks to all who replied:salute:

7. Dogbonz

Dogbonz Member

I'm holding my breath to hear back from a bid for my first salt contract! If I get it, I'm off to Angelos, to get mine. same price, but hitch mount is a bit cheaper there. Ive got it all mounted up in my head already! :dizzy: Got some spare trailer side lights around and a extra 3rd brake light to mount up as well. :cool:

http://www.angelos-supplies.com/plowparts/buyers.pg

8. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

Sounds like your ready to go (in your head) lol. The buyer spreader I was lookin at is also a hitch mount, the biggest hitch mount you can get from buyers. It sound like they are pretty good spreaders from what people have posted. They are not really that big of a name here in WV. most people around my area are using western or boss. They just seem to be too expensive for my blood. I have to do something quick 13 contracts and no salt spreader, ouch :eek: