1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buyers digital controller

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by sealcoater, Dec 6, 2009.

1. sealcoater

sealcoater Junior Member

I have several buyers tailgate spreaders,they have always worked very well.I just purchased a new one with the digital readout (first digital one) Tried it this morning,seemed to be working fine,then something electrical started burning, the spreader still works but you cant control the speed anymore.The readout says motor stalled.I checked the wiring everything is good.Any ideas or do you think buyers will help me out,this morning was the first time I used it.I purchased the spreader last spring.:help:

2. Birdjr

Birdjr Junior Member

wowtymusic

3. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

I figured I'd search for this same symptom before posting it myself! Exactly the same thing happened to me... I just bought the unit from another contractor that looked like everything was new in the box when I bought it. Any luck on what the culprit is? It still works but it just has no speed control...

Steve

4. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Burning electrical smell never is a good thing. Sorry to hear it. But why do manufactures seem to always have to make a change to a product that works fine.? In my opinion any time a lever is replaced by a electric motor, or a cable is replaced by an electrical actuator, a wired switch is replaced by a wireless remote,or gauge is replaced with a digital readout it's not a good thing and you will have problems. Sorry for the rant, just fed up with junk they put on the market.
    Hopefully it's still under warranty?

5. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

From other treads on Buyers Spreaders, they have a few problems with the controllers on their new electrical tailgate spreader , so your's may be warranty. Like Kubota 8540 said. it seem like all the new things don.t work as good as they use too. I think that they don't test things it the real world, but on a test bench. Sure they can't test every item, but if you are using it in the winter and salt spray, build the electrical too handle that.