1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers cab marker/strobe install trouble

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by getsum, Dec 14, 2013.

1. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Hey guys, need some help. wired up the buyers cab/marker strobe kit in my 05 f250...

after some troubles i have it so the marker lights are working correctly.. BUT when i activate the strobe mode via my #4 upfitter switch, one strobe wire connector at the power supply starts buzzing, smoking and melting until i shut my upfitter off...
    i have the heated mirrors and according to the directions i needed to switch the power and ground around at all 5 lights. I did that and i can not find a bad wire or connection anywhere...
    i have no idea and im not by any means a pro. need ideas please

according to diagram my connections at the a-pillar are correct and correctly on the power supply as pictured. ran the correct gauge wire from switch to power supply. grounded under the dash with the other grounds from factory. :confused:

its only the one connection. unplugged it from the supply and put power to the unit and the number 4 wire STILL started buzzing and shorting... arghhh

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a direct short to gnd.

3. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

ill try grounding directly to batt next then i guess. have had zero time to look at it lately with back to back storms