1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyers 3/4 yd spreader installed in a long bed

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bosman, Dec 9, 2009.

1. bosman

bosman Senior Member

Just installed it on Saturday, I'm very impressed with its construction and features. Can't wait to try it out.

DSCF0697.jpg

DSCF0691.jpg

DSCF0694.jpg

2. BDEMOTT

BDEMOTT Senior Member

you will like it, i installed one this year in my long bed and its been great so far. The last load i ran through was soaking wet rock salt and it handled it with-out a problem.

3. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

you may want to reinforce the area that holds the shoot bracket. I have the same unit and the bolt holes wore through. Luckily the shoot fell off just as I was backing into my garage. I used angle iron and got it back up. Apart from that no problems

4. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

thats one long truck!

5. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

This is exactly what I am looking for for my crew cab with 6' bed and tool box. You will love these spreaders you can pretty much run whatever you want threw it wet dry small chunks with the vibrator on it will spread nice although you have to use the vibrator pretty much the whole time. Good luck with it you should be able to make some good money with it.

6. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

:) that thing looks tiny in that truck! I have the 1.5 yd and they work awesome. I just wish someone could make one that sat low like the 3/4 yard unit but still held 1.5 yards. Giving the option I would like to be able to see out the back window but not in place for having to load it constantly!

7. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

looks tiny in there but i like truck

8. bosman

bosman Senior Member

The height was a big selling feature, only 28 inches tall, I can still see the top of a car behind me, As of now I shouldn't have to fill this too many times during a storm, it holds a lot more than my last one and I won't have to get out and kick it, shake it or slam on the brakes to get salt to flow.

9. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

nice lookin spreader. only complaint that I would see would be depending on what you load it with, the top opening looks a little small to load with a bobcat and not spill half of it in the bed. I could be wrong though.

10. bosman

bosman Senior Member

Good point, definetly too small to load with a 72" bobcat bucket. I am now spreading bags from last year, but plan on buying bulk and loading with my MT55 and its 44" bucket.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They fit great in a Gator, toolcat or Kurbota.

12. THE-BOSS-PLOWS

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Nice Truck I miss my Crew Cab With a 8" Bed. That Speader lloks so small in that bed.

13. jdo150

jdo150 Member

Nice little unit you have there. If you don't mind me asking what does one of those little guys go for?

14. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, have a good season with it.

15. bosman

bosman Senior Member

Angelos website says 2495, they told me 2795 on the phone, so I bought it from a local dealer for 2795. Northorn Tool has it for 3499. I actually had an Airflo MSS on order for 5 weeks and got sick of waiting so I ordered this and had it in 3 days.