1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buyers 10.79 cu ft spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by plowboy21, Nov 16, 2007.

1. plowboy21

plowboy21 Member

r the buyer salt spreaders woth the 800 or should i spend more and get the snow ex spreader it will probly just be used for this season until i get bigger just gettin into salting i have 4 smaller lots
  2. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

It's worth every penny of 800.00 for spreaders in that class and size.
  3. Chieftkp

Chieftkp Junior Member

actually I am looking at the Buyers, it will only spread salt is this correct? I couldn't do sand/salt mix I assume.
  4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Its you are talking about the buyers salt dogg, get the salt dogg over a snowex.
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

i have two buyers hitch mount ones. the larger of the two and they work great if you dont mind getting out of the truck a few more times during the night to load them up.
  6. plowboy21

plowboy21 Member

no i think im gonna be right around 600 lbs and i the spreader holds 800 so i think one fill should do all my lots but im gonna put some salt on the sites in case i use more then i thought

what do u guys think of the swinger kits for them for access to the bed

wheres the snow im gettin ancious :bluebounc