1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buyer salt spreader motor help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Nordic, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Nordic

Nordic Junior Member

I have an old style Buyers salt spreader 750 I bought it with a dead motor and have a new one on the way. I have disconnected the auger, and the spinner but I cant remove the 3 bolt coupling that is connected to the motor shaft that the spinner bolts to. It is very rusty and I don't want to damage something by beating on it. Can anyone tell me if the coupling is screwed on, or pressed on, or what?
  2. highclimber604

highclimber604 Junior Member

check for allen head set screws near the shaft. also, look in your manual, sometimes there are parts break downs in the back for those things. spray a heavy amount of pb blaster every few minutes. thant will help loosen it up. you may have to beat on it with a rubber head hammer. dont use a regular one though, you may crack something$$$