Snow Plowing Forum banner

Buyer Beware!!

11K views 63 replies 32 participants last post by  Mark Oomkes 
#1 ·
I posting this so that other won't have to go through what I have with Big Nate's plowing and NCLS Enterprise.
Back on Dec 9 2004 I ordered a Meyers Snow Deflector Kit from NCLS Enterprise(Big Nate's Plowing) via Paypal for 65.83 total. the order went through Business Name "The Beach Nut Hut".Shortly after the order was placed Paypal informed me that the account was no longer able to do business. 30 days went buy and no Deflector kit arrived. I found Nate's Home # and Cell # and tried numerous times to get my deflector. I have talked to Nate's Mom, brother or sister, but never Nate. One time his brother or sister asked him "do you want to take this call or should I tell him your not here".Nate's cell phone message center has been full for over three months and I was unable to leave a message for Nate personally. Now the home # has an answering machine and I can not reach anyone personally. Nate has refused for months now to return my calls or refund my money. From the info that I received from Nate's Mommy is that the "Beach Nut Hut "is his sisters account and business that Nate was using it for his "NCLS account"
I have had to file a fraud charge to the Ohio State Police to try to retrieve my money.Sad thing to have to do for $65.00 but its the principle of it all. If your not going to be a responsible business person than don"t be in business.
I saw a post on the site where someone asked "where you been Nate" I think this Post might best answer that question.I suspect that I"m not the only person that Nate owes.
Any advise that anyone can give to help me retrieve this money please reply!Any one that talks to Nate Personally please try to get him to take responsibility for his action and clean up his act.
You have been warned about NCLS Enterprise!!!

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I will make a mental note about him- what's the relationship between him and this site to keep getting posts about him deleted?
I would hate to think the masters of this site were affiliated with an alledged crooked business individual so please explain.

as soon as Paypal told you there was a problem you should have filed a grievence with them since that is how you paid. You have 30 days to file fraud complaints with Paypal from the date of transaction relating to any purchase made through their services.

#5 ·
Try and talk to Paypal about it, they are a big company they should be able to get your money back and it helps paypal because it brings up to them that another person has taken advantage of Paypal and I bet paypal is suing him and the more counts against him the better and who knows you might get more than $65 back.

If that doesn't work I would spend the money to drive to where he is at and meet with him face to face, easy enough to find where someone lives.

#6 ·
Well, he may be around, however he is awful quiet. Being quiet is not normally his MO. He normally has an opinion about everything and anything, but not this winter so far. How many guys on this site have had problems with him so far this winter? A bunch that I have seen. It's a no brainer, don't do business with him!!!!!!!!!!! Now or in the future. If you do, it's at your own risk.

#9 · (Edited)
There is another member here from the Rome NY area that also
bought something from Nate and has NOT recieved it either........

I will let him remind everyone of his experience.....................geo

What sucks tho..With most credit card companies you only have 90
days to dispute a transaction or.....YOUR OUTTA LUCK !!!!!!!!! :(

#10 ·
I had a feeling that I was not the only one who might have been having trouble out of Big Nate.
As far as the paypal complaint, I had talked to Nate's mom a couple days before the deadline an she assured me that he was working at the moment and would get back to me. Never happened! I'm a reasonable guy I ordered the deflector during the season and I tried to give Nate the benefit of dought that he might be busy, so I tolerated his short comings far longer than I should have. I'm busy also so I didn't have time to chase him and play phone tag.
I did receive a call this afternoon from Nate's mom. She was livid to say the lest. I explained the situation for about the tenth time and for the tenth time she assured me that tomorrow Nate would take care of it. Only thing new that I heard today was if he does not he's out of there(oops) don't sound like mom wants the State Police knocking on her door.
If the price of gas wasn't $2.00 a gallon and I wasn't having such a great year I might have considered a trip to Ohio, its not that far from Central KY.
I'm just thankful for reverse lookup on the Internet to provide me with all the ammo I needed to make finding Nate and give the proper authorities the needed info.
Thanks guy for all the insight and help that has come my way today on this matter. It's just a matter of time till this is over. I'll keep you posted.

#11 ·
Warriorwon said:
I had a feeling that I was not the only one who might have been having trouble out of Big Nate.
As far as the paypal complaint, I had talked to Nate's mom a couple days before the deadline an she assured me that he was working at the moment and would get back to me. Never happened! I'm a reasonable guy I ordered the deflector during the season and I tried to give Nate the benefit of dought that he might be busy, so I tolerated his short comings far longer than I should have. I'm busy also so I didn't have time to chase him and play phone tag.
I did receive a call this afternoon from Nate's mom. She was livid to say the lest. I explained the situation for about the tenth time and for the tenth time she assured me that tomorrow Nate would take care of it. Only thing new that I heard today was if he does not he's out of there(oops) don't sound like mom wants the State Police knocking on her door.
If the price of gas wasn't $2.00 a gallon and I wasn't having such a great year I might have considered a trip to Ohio, its not that far from Central KY.
I'm just thankful for reverse lookup on the Internet to provide me with all the ammo I needed to make finding Nate and give the proper authorities the needed info.
Thanks guy for all the insight and help that has come my way today on this matter. It's just a matter of time till this is over. I'll keep you posted.
Warriorwon
You have a PM from me Please read and PM me back.

Thank's Mike

#12 ·
Interesting

Interesting to say the least. I'd like to hear what eventually happens. I saw one earlier this winter that was waiting for timbrens.

Jeff

#13 ·
I remember that thread. The person(s) kept calling him out and wanting a response. Finally, he answered and said it would be taken care of. I wondered whatever happened to that? Did it get addressed? Is this the thread that was refered to as being deleted?

#16 ·
Did you make payment to Pay Pal via credit card? If you did, you will not have any trouble getting your money back. Just call the credit card company and file a complaint. I've had to do this with a E-bay purchase via pay pal before and i had my credit card reimbursed in about 2 weeks. I gave this same advice to Merc1100(who also got stiffed by nate) and he got his money back. See credit card companies have investigators that handle this sort of problem all the time. once they determine that you were a victim of fraud, they will reimburse your money, then they will fight it out with nate or Pay Pal to get their money. People should always pay with credit cards, when doing business over the internet, cause you have so much protection with them against fraud.

#18 ·
Very interesting, Warriorwon, that you got a call from his mom so quickly- guess someone is reading the board. How old is this 'kid' anyway, that his mom is taking care of his business shortcomings?

I have had issues similar to this in the past and fortunately I have contacts in many states that I have had do follow ups for me, including knocking on doors. WarriorWon: PM me and I will see if I have any friends in the area that can follow up at his business. Shady deals are bad business for the entire site- and they corrode our reputation as a whole being plowing professionals.

Incidentally, anyone who has been shafted in deals with him or anyone else: contact the Attorney General of that State and report the issue. The State will investigate to ensure he is a Legitimate business, not just a boy playing business owner. There are serious repercussions when someone purports to be in one business and has no licensing for such....

#20 ·
sonjaab said:
SADLY..................Most credit card companies only give you
90 days to dispute any charges.............. :(
Your right.

The thing I don't understand is why does Nate take money for something, if he doesn't have the product to ship. You don't bill someones credit card until the product gets shipped out to the customer. He stated many times that the hold up on the Timbrens was due to his supplier not getting them to him. But yet he continues to charge he customers in advance. :rolleyes: No way would i have let this go that long. I would have called the Ohio States Attorney's office.

#22 ·
sonjaab said:
ALSO................

Using the US Mail and sending or recieving stuff over state lines
becomes a FEDERAL crime !!!!!!!!!!
Geo You are right about that but Nate's send's them UPS not USPS. I got one set I ordered from him but they were for a old chevy not the new body style. I also can't seem to get ahold of him so I called my Credit Card Co and had them stop the payment. I do not know the outcome yet but hopefully I will get my money back. I will not send Nate this set back till I get my money returned to me.

Good Luck Everyone Mike

#23 ·
if you have had a problem with me and my service send me a PM, it will get answered, I am working with verry limited income right now because I have been off work sence the first week of jan. from a pretty bad accident but I am trying to make things right for people that never received their items

please include the paypal transaction ID # date of purchase and/or ebay item number

I am sorry if I have caused anyone a inconvenience and I WILL make things right

~Nate

and I wouldnt advise just showing up at my door

oh and Rick, thanks for answering the phone the 4 times I called this evening

#24 · (Edited)
Haven't ordered anything, and don't plan to. I would think however that the thread should stay up here, maybe even stickied, so people know not to order from you. No offense, I hope you are alright after the accident, but if you are still taking money and cannot provide the service in a timely manner, then you should stop taking funds, period. I don't care what you are doing with the money in the meantime (paying med bills, monthly bills, food, whatever). I think that the mods should not remove this thread, because as others have eluded, it could be called aiding and abedding, accessory, whatever. This way people would be warned in advance instead of giving you the option to take money. People here know something is going on, and to let it keep going and doing nothing has gotta have some ramifications.

Other people have limited incomes, too. It doesn't grow on trees!

Jeff

If it were me I would save these webpages for evidence too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.