Snow Plowing Forum banner

Buyer Beware!!

11K views 63 replies 32 participants last post by  Mark Oomkes 
#1 ·
I posting this so that other won't have to go through what I have with Big Nate's plowing and NCLS Enterprise.
Back on Dec 9 2004 I ordered a Meyers Snow Deflector Kit from NCLS Enterprise(Big Nate's Plowing) via Paypal for 65.83 total. the order went through Business Name "The Beach Nut Hut".Shortly after the order was placed Paypal informed me that the account was no longer able to do business. 30 days went buy and no Deflector kit arrived. I found Nate's Home # and Cell # and tried numerous times to get my deflector. I have talked to Nate's Mom, brother or sister, but never Nate. One time his brother or sister asked him "do you want to take this call or should I tell him your not here".Nate's cell phone message center has been full for over three months and I was unable to leave a message for Nate personally. Now the home # has an answering machine and I can not reach anyone personally. Nate has refused for months now to return my calls or refund my money. From the info that I received from Nate's Mommy is that the "Beach Nut Hut "is his sisters account and business that Nate was using it for his "NCLS account"
I have had to file a fraud charge to the Ohio State Police to try to retrieve my money.Sad thing to have to do for $65.00 but its the principle of it all. If your not going to be a responsible business person than don"t be in business.
I saw a post on the site where someone asked "where you been Nate" I think this Post might best answer that question.I suspect that I"m not the only person that Nate owes.
Any advise that anyone can give to help me retrieve this money please reply!Any one that talks to Nate Personally please try to get him to take responsibility for his action and clean up his act.
You have been warned about NCLS Enterprise!!!

See less See more
#52 ·
gt racer50

Thanks for the little plug. This thread should serve to show us how one happy customer will tell five other people and how one un-happy customer will tell a hundred other would be customers about his/her experience in dealing with you. Your future is not just determined by getting a customer but how you treat that customer after you get him/her. The product sells itself if you first sell yourself.

Good luck.

#53 ·
That is exactly what I have been telling my son, who is in this business with me. Any Monkey can mow grass or plow snow. What this is all about is selling yourself and only yourself!!!!!! One of the first things about selling yourself is keeping your word as a man, and being honest above all. A long time ago, before I was drafted in 67, I worked for Lazarus, a dept store, their big thing was, the customer is always right. That still stands, to a point. However, if you do things right to begin with, you will never have to make the decision that the customer is always right. Now, you will always have your ***hole cutomers, and you can site them a mile off in the beginning. If you decide to deal with them at the onset, shame on you. I have never had to eat anything about the customer being right. That comes from honesty, integrity, and keeping your word, and having a good product to begin with. One of the other things, is communicating with people. If you have a problem, let them know. No excuse for not communicating in this day and age, not with cell phones etc. I have always been fortunate, I worked for the plone company for 28 years, we had phones in our trucks since the early 70's, all it takes is a phone call, that will soothe an;ything.

#54 ·
Mail order

Well plowmen, whatever side of this discussion you are on, here is my philosphy for my fleet:

"I don't buy anything through the mail that the mailman can't fix."

There are plenty of stores and wholesale supply houses with real buildings, real phone numbers in a real phone book, and real employees who regularly answer the phone calls. And some of these folks are customers of some plowman somewhere in my town. I don't have anything against the mailman, it is just that their union won't let them install, fix or re-build anything on my trucks. And I haven't seen one of 'em yet carry a shovel on their route, so that is no good either.

My fleet is too important to trust to the mail system. I want to go face to face with a real live person when I need to match up a part. High tech, forget it , give me high touch anytime.

#55 ·
Well, that comment about bad customers speaking up more than satisfied ones got me, so I'll chime in here. I had my e60 pump rebuilt by Nate. I was in a jam and he came through in a very timely manner for me with a quality job. Nate, get well, take care of these folks, and start rebuilding when you can. Just because people are angry with you, doesn't make them wrong. There are good lessons to be learned in all of this. Good luck to you!

#56 ·
CC Companies give you 120 days.

I own another business that accepts credit cards and consumers have 120 days to dispute charges on their bill. No questions asked they will automatically pull that money from his merchant account and credit your account. If you let it go longer than 4 months then he may have the upper hand.

#58 ·
Big Nate
I got my letter from my Credit Card Co today. They said in that letter that the you DID NOT fight the charge back to my account. Thank You for not fighting it. I will send you back the set of Timbrens that were for a old Chevy Truck not the new body style on Monday. Hope that you heal up and get back on your feet.

Regards Mike

#59 ·
What a S*** Storm and I'm not talking snow now!
Let a working man get away from his computer for a couple of days and it takes him 30 minutes of reading to catch up. (I usually just check the site for a break for paperwork unless I have a real need that has to be answered. Which you guys have done more often than you know)

First: SEAN
Thanks for clarifying the difference between Sponsor and Dealer. It was not my intent to shed a negative spotlight on those that were not responsible.

Second: I would have NEVER posted such a complaint if it were not so! This is (was) an open-ended transaction that has been going on since Dec. 9th, 2004.

Last: Its over! I have just received my refund via Paypal.
I told Nate (by email we never have spoken to each other) that I would come back to the site and tell everyone that has read this that he has made good and ended this transaction.
To all that have read and posted on this tread let it be known that it was not until I read it here that Nate had fallen on bad times (No pun intened) If I had known the situation I could have found a lot more compassion for this situation. Having said that It was good to see both sides of the story. I sure that Nate has had his better moments as others have stated, helping out above and beyond. I hope now that this is over that he can rebuild everyones trust and become a sucessful business man. We all have had our monents of bad judgment, if not than you can expect it to come.
I have gained valuable knowledge from this site. I hope now that things can get back to normal.
It was never my intention to initiate a bi**h and moan thread. I was doing what I thought was the responsible thing to do given my situation that was generated from someone on this site.

I must admit it has been interesting reading and I have learned even more than I thought I would, or even wanted to.

And if anyone feels the need to use my first name instead of my screen name anymore it’s RIK

Thanks
Warriorwon

Fool me once, shame on you!
Fool me twice, shame on me!

#60 ·
Big Nate's Plowing;211816 said:
if you have had a problem with me and my service send me a PM, it will get answered, I am working with verry limited income right now because I have been off work sence the first week of jan. from a pretty bad accident but I am trying to make things right for people that never received their items

please include the paypal transaction ID # date of purchase and/or ebay item number

I am sorry if I have caused anyone a inconvenience and I WILL make things right

~Nate

and I wouldnt advise just showing up at my door

oh and Rick, thanks for answering the phone the 4 times I called this evening
BigNate is still a ripoff.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336241

#64 ·
Nate's turning into another Macomb. Making a heck of reputation for himself all over the Net.

I was thinking about jumping into that discussion and asking how a guy that plows gets snowed in?

Anybody wanna bet the original seller is Nate and that is how he got the check and the dash pad 'back'?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.