Snow Plowing Forum banner

Buyer Beware!!

11K views 63 replies 32 participants last post by  Mark Oomkes 
#1 ·
I posting this so that other won't have to go through what I have with Big Nate's plowing and NCLS Enterprise.
Back on Dec 9 2004 I ordered a Meyers Snow Deflector Kit from NCLS Enterprise(Big Nate's Plowing) via Paypal for 65.83 total. the order went through Business Name "The Beach Nut Hut".Shortly after the order was placed Paypal informed me that the account was no longer able to do business. 30 days went buy and no Deflector kit arrived. I found Nate's Home # and Cell # and tried numerous times to get my deflector. I have talked to Nate's Mom, brother or sister, but never Nate. One time his brother or sister asked him "do you want to take this call or should I tell him your not here".Nate's cell phone message center has been full for over three months and I was unable to leave a message for Nate personally. Now the home # has an answering machine and I can not reach anyone personally. Nate has refused for months now to return my calls or refund my money. From the info that I received from Nate's Mommy is that the "Beach Nut Hut "is his sisters account and business that Nate was using it for his "NCLS account"
I have had to file a fraud charge to the Ohio State Police to try to retrieve my money.Sad thing to have to do for $65.00 but its the principle of it all. If your not going to be a responsible business person than don"t be in business.
I saw a post on the site where someone asked "where you been Nate" I think this Post might best answer that question.I suspect that I"m not the only person that Nate owes.
Any advise that anyone can give to help me retrieve this money please reply!Any one that talks to Nate Personally please try to get him to take responsibility for his action and clean up his act.
You have been warned about NCLS Enterprise!!!

See less See more
#28 ·
I have no dog in this fight, but as a person that sells quite a few things at a Duck hunting site I'll say this, if you can find the means to get money out of a paypal account, and cash checks that were sent, then you at least were not hurt enough that you could not make a phone call or email to assure people that you had not forgot them, instead of letting your Mommy take all the heat. It gives us all a bad rep.

#31 ·
raptorman03 said:
for 65 bucks id kick your door in and have me a new tv.
and I can guarantee that you will be on the receiving end of a mossburg 500;)

and you guys saying I shouldnt have been taking the money after I I was unable to complete any business transactions are just speculating. I have not sold a damn thing after Jan. 13th because I fell off of my roof and down 11' onto a pile of firewood and ****** my back up royally

the money never even made it out of the paypal accounts, Mike got his $270 back, the CC took it from my paypal ac**** yesterday

and if Rick would call me back I would get a check out to him

Watch your language, you know the F word is not allowed.Jodi

#32 ·
And another thing Nate,
You report these posts and want them pulled. I assume you are allowed to sell here. Well if that's the case, then members here deserve to have a chance to hear both sides of the story. If a sponsor on Lawnsite is getting bad reviews, then they will respond to the thread and SOLVE the problem. They don't ask for the thread to be removed, they just make sure they take care of the members that have been kind enough to purchase off of them. We rarely see a lawnsite sponsor have a problem with a member. And if we do, the sponsor takes care of it.

What exactly is the problem here, and why do I always see threads complaining about you?

#33 ·
Big Nate's Plowing said:
and I can guarantee that you will be on the receiving end of a mossburg 500;)

and you guys saying I shouldnt have been taking the money after I I was unable to complete any business transactions are just speculating. I have not sold a damn thing after Jan. 13th because I fell off of my roof and down 11' onto a pile of firewood and ****** my back up royally

the money never even made it out of the paypal accounts, Mike got his $270 back, the CC took it from my paypal ac**** yesterday

and if Rick would call me back I would get a check out to him

Watch your language, you know the F word is not allowed.Jodi
Nate id watch who you play with some of us are just not right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but then i wouldent be saying much if i still lived with my mommy lol

#35 ·
For those of you who frequent lawnsite.com, you are familiar with Jodi. For those who never make it over that way, pretty cool, isn't she???

Now, as far as some of the speculation that this site "protects" or "coddles", etc... Nate is a dealer, not a sponsor. Considerable difference. If there is a problem with a sponsor, and it is legit, the sponsor usually swoops in and solves the problem beofre it gets to this point. Otherwise, it usually ends up being some jerk claiming things that are unfounded, untrue, and unnecessary.

Yes, there was a thread about nate before...and yes, the members can no longer see it.....(wasn't "DELETED" sonjaab or Frozen001)...and it was removed from plain site because Nate claimed the problem was solved...which I ended up finding out was the truth. Why would I let anyone just sit thereand get erbally abused like that when the complaint was handled in the first place?

So let me sum a few things up....

1. Nate, no we will not remove thread if the complaint is legitimate.

2. Warriorwon - you have no idea what you are talking about in that regard (sponsors), Nate is a "dealer" not a "sponsor"...therefore, your post was edited

3. I don't give a (you know what) what problem may be on this site...EVER.....but there will never be threats of violence. Unwelcome visits, shotguns, etc....NO WAY

#36 ·
Sean and Jodi,

Thank you for your responses.... I have to beef with Nate, just hate to see people having problems and was pointing out what I had seen previously.

Nate:

Sorry to hear about you fall, and hope things are improving.......

Lets keep things professional and not bash each other...

#37 ·
Speaking Of Deadbeat Stiffs--------------

Hey Shawn........What happened with the t-shirts ?

I see the threads for them disapeared also.............
Or were they "REMOVED FROM PLAIN SITE" also ?????????

Hey GUYS..........Did you ever recieve them or get your money back?
Prob. not huh?

NATE.......A STIFF is a STIFF..........PAY UP !!!!!!!!!! :guns:
Sell that mossberg and PAY !

#38 ·
sonjaab said:
ALSO................

Using the US Mail and sending or recieving stuff over state lines
becomes a FEDERAL crime !!!!!!!!!!
To this date the US mail has not been used but the internet was and that is now known as "Wire fraud" and should be reported to the US aturney General's office anlong with the state the seller is from. Also most Credit Card co's have changed there policy on the admount of time for internet purchaces to 180 days. Federal law states he must offer a refund if the item is not shiped within 30 days.

#39 ·
sonjaab said:
Hey Shawn........What happened with the t-shirts ?

I see the threads for them disapeared also.............
Or were they "REMOVED FROM PLAIN SITE" also ?????????

Hey GUYS..........Did you ever recieve them or get your money back?
Prob. not huh?

NATE.......A STIFF is a STIFF..........PAY UP !!!!!!!!!! :guns:
Sell that mossberg and PAY !
Hey S-O-N-J-A-A-B, if you recall from the posts made you were the volunteer who was going to "make it happen" (for a price of course). You were the one who had the shirts made last year and all you had to do was "put a call into your man".

So I posted, and waited...and waited....and waited....then you PM telling me you were in and out of the hospital and didn't have the time to handle it and you give me a phone number to call "your guy"....all the while, several members of this site who are also in the shirt business had to be turned down because "sonjaab got first rights".....

Funny thing is when I told you there would not be any profit from the making of the shirts (cost plus money donated by the site to a cause or given back to membership) that is when you were busy with hospital visits and you suddenly lost interest.... Hmmmm

So I went to a LawnSite sponsor (GetYourShirts.com) got his prices and posted them. But I made it clear to members that since no profit was going to be made I needed people to pre-order so I could order EXACTLY what they wanted. I did not want to place a large order and then suddenly interest was lost.

Sure enough....many, many posts of people saying they wanted this and that. But orders....? Three people called in with credit card information and one person sent a check for $29. The person who sent the check was refunded his money and the three people who called in with their credit cards never had their cards run.

Sooooo, once again S-O-N-J-A-A-B, you have no clue what you are talking about and have just made me waste 10 minutes explaining to people that it was actually you who made the simple process of ordering shirts and sweatshirts such a big, long, drawn-out (and might I add unsuccessful) ordeal.

Still want to know why the thread was "REMOVED FROM PLAIN SITE"?

If Nate or others are not living up to their obligations and it has been brought to the fore-front of this site for caveat emptor purposes, then so be it. I am under the assumption that Nate is going to fix this little mess.

But for you to insinuate that I am a "stiff".....not gonna happen. If you want to continue posting on this site you better be a little bit more cautious about the accusations you throw around.

BTW, it is "S-E-A-N" not "S-H-A-W-N"

#40 ·
I want to thank the admins for sticking up for the "little guy", in this case the customers. Also trying to be fair to Nate (another member).

Secondly, I am not looking to start trouble, but if the Credit Card co. took his money back out of the Paypal account, then nobody tried to clear anything up, except the credit card co. and customer. I am not saying Nate wouldn't have, but if the money was there all along, then why wasn't it refunded earlier? Also, why does Nate need to talk to Rick to get his check out? He should have his address because of the need to ship the product?!

I'm sorry for pointing out the obvious. Maybe he has already sent check, I don't know, but felt the need to point that out.

Jeff

#41 ·
SEAN...................As i TOLD YOU on the phone. Trying to sell
10 different kinds of shirts would be SUICIDE................

As I TOLD you........Sell ONE kind of shirt..........Not 10.

The last bunch of shirts I had made up were of ONE kind !
I GAVE AWAY more than I sold as you were told.............

I MADE ZERO profit !!!!!!!!!! As I posted...................

Now as a BUSINESS man...I FRONTED $300 bucks cash to have them made
and they were delivered AS PROMISED.....ON TIME !!!!
Either in person or by mail....And I sent them WITHOUT PAYMENT UP FRONT !

SO much for YOUR plan as to what to do with a PROFIT.....IF ANY !

I gave you the address and phone of the tshirt guy. YOU wanted to make
the $$$$ so it was up to YOU to contact THEM......NOT ME !
It was explained FULLY to you by phone....................

Pull up that HIDDEN THREAD so the members can see for themselves....\

#42 ·
sonjaab said:
SEAN...................As i TOLD YOU on the phone. Trying to sell
10 different kinds of shirts would be SUICIDE................

As I TOLD you........Sell ONE kind of shirt..........Not 10.

The last bunch of shirts I had made up were of ONE kind !
I GAVE AWAY more than I sold as you were told.............

I MADE ZERO profit !!!!!!!!!! As I posted...................

Now as a BUSINESS man...I FRONTED $300 bucks cash to have them made
and they were delivered AS PROMISED.....ON TIME !!!!
Either in person or by mail....And I sent them WITHOUT PAYMENT UP FRONT !

SO much for YOUR plan as to what to do with a PROFIT.....IF ANY !

I gave you the address and phone of the tshirt guy. YOU wanted to make
the $$$$ so it was up to YOU to contact THEM......NOT ME !
It was explained FULLY to you by phone....................

Pull up that HIDDEN THREAD so the members can see for themselves....\
First....you and I never spoke on the phone - guaranteed.

Second....the members made it clear they did not merely want shirts - in fact most requested hoodies, long-sleeve shirts, etc...

Third....the small batch of shirts you made up LAST YEAR has nothing to do with the thread started THIS YEAR

Fourth.....NO MONEY WAS TO BE MADE ON THE SHIRTS....when I pm'd this to you after about the third or fourth time of asking when and if you were going to do the shirts, it was then you gave me an arbitrary phone number and said "call this guy"...WHY WOULD I CALL "YOUR GUY" IN SYRACUSE I BELIEVE IT WAS?...and as stated previously, this was after I had turned down a few members RIGHT HERE AT PLOWSITE who volunteered to make it happen since you were obviously dragging tail....Believe me, I could have just gone my own way, got the clothing made, thrown up prices and went from there...you were the one who jumped in from the start claiming you could make it happen.

I will state this one last time, for sake of your embarassment...the thread is gone for a reason, but if you want it back on the board, our PM's will be posted as well in chronological order to further show you had no interest in following through after you said you would....and after it was made clear that everything was to be done at cost - NO PROFIT.

Sonjaab, I suggest you drop this becasue you already look foolish trying to make it appear as if I "stiffed" people out of money and then whining for the original thread to be re-posted. Funny, since this thread started, no phone calls or emails from you.

Second....

#45 ·
Sean man whats going on with the people on the site? Sounds like the people on now just wana b*&^ sorry to hear about nate everyone has some down time and the fellow members are just worried about themselves. If a few bucks are what people are yelling about they need to add some cushion in the account or have some other backup plan so hope the site calms down for the summer and we pros can just help each other :waving: P.S. Thanks for the site.....

#46 ·
Nate- hope you'll be ok, just make good on your debts. My father's business, years ago, got stiffed by a doctor in TX- through some friends the good doctor was put out of business. He lost everything he owned including his Wife's Porsche- legally, mind you, because of his debt to the company.

Noone faults someone who has problems or gets injured through no fault of their own- but when you can't or won't explain your situation to those whom you owe products/services/money patience wears thin.
I have no personal stake in any of it, and probabily won't do business with any small vendor simply because a big vender usually takes better care of me in all aspects, but I hate to see anyone getting screwed.
Make good and get better. Good friend of mine fell off a roof, he was a roofer-big name in the area too- accident ended his business. He's now 3 inches shorter and in constant pain. Sounds bad, but the doctor's told him he'd never walk again, which pissed him off enough that he did make a recovery, unless you knew him before or know him well know you'd never know about it.

#47 ·
fernalddude said:
Sean man whats going on with the people on the site? Sounds like the people on now just wana b*&^ sorry to hear about nate everyone has some down time and the fellow members are just worried about themselves. If a few bucks are what people are yelling about they need to add some cushion in the account or have some other backup plan so hope the site calms down for the summer and we pros can just help each other :waving: P.S. Thanks for the site.....
I don't think there is anything wrong with the people on the site. Unfortunately, when you have members here who are also allowed to be "dealers" and members start doing business with them, this sort of thing is bound to happen. I'll be the first to say I'm sick of the negative posts as much as you are, but I also think it's necessary for everyone to know what's going on here; good or bad. There can be no doubt Nate has made some poor business decisions, and any member who did not get what they paid for certainly has a legitimate issue with that. It's also obvious that now both Sean and Jodi are aware of it and they are not going to delete the thread to protect Nate, so all we can do is wait it out.

Hopefully, everyone will either get their money or the product they ordered. However, no matter what happens, Nate has pretty much shredded what was a pretty good reputation around here. That, in the long run, will be the worst of it for him because of all the things a man has, in my opinion the most valuable is his word. That's something that nobody is supposed to ever be able to take away. When you "give" it away.........well I think it's a dirty shame and I wish all this had never happened. Bad luck can hit any of us at any time, but a man still has to carry on with his responsibilities and overcome the odds. This is what separates the men from the boys and defines success or failure in not just business, but in adult life itself. I got my order from Nate eventually. I hope the rest of you do to.

The last thing I want to say is what I REALLY think is wrong here, and that is that this thread has been up all of a day now and is pushing 4 pages. A few days back, The Boss posted a great thread offering a quick thanks to Mick, perhaps this site's most veteran and helpful member, and you know how many replies it has had???? 3 Just 3!!! That, my friends, is PI$$ POOR. Everyone loves to jump in on a bashing session but nobody seems to have the time to type a few lines to recognize the many excellent contributions of the one member who in my opinion represents the good in all of us --- as both snow plowing contractors and as men.

So, here's a link. Why don't a few of you put your poison pens aside for a while and take a few minutes to say something positive about someone who has earned it? http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=24411

#48 ·
1MajorTom said:
And another thing Nate,
You report these posts and want them pulled. I assume you are allowed to sell here. Well if that's the case, then members here deserve to have a chance to hear both sides of the story. If a sponsor on Lawnsite is getting bad reviews, then they will respond to the thread and SOLVE the problem. They don't ask for the thread to be removed, they just make sure they take care of the members that have been kind enough to purchase off of them. We rarely see a lawnsite sponsor have a problem with a member. And if we do, the sponsor takes care of it.

What exactly is the problem here, and why do I always see threads complaining about you?
Good Post! I agree.

#49 ·
#50 ·
Sean Adams said:
Hey S-O-N-J-A-A-B, if you recall from the posts made you were the volunteer who was going to "make it happen" (for a price of course). You were the one who had the shirts made last year and all you had to do was "put a call into your man".

So I posted, and waited...and waited....and waited....then you PM telling me you were in and out of the hospital and didn't have the time to handle it and you give me a phone number to call "your guy"....all the while, several members of this site who are also in the shirt business had to be turned down because "sonjaab got first rights".....

Funny thing is when I told you there would not be any profit from the making of the shirts (cost plus money donated by the site to a cause or given back to membership) that is when you were busy with hospital visits and you suddenly lost interest.... Hmmmm

So I went to a LawnSite sponsor (GetYourShirts.com) got his prices and posted them. But I made it clear to members that since no profit was going to be made I needed people to pre-order so I could order EXACTLY what they wanted. I did not want to place a large order and then suddenly interest was lost.

Sure enough....many, many posts of people saying they wanted this and that. But orders....? Three people called in with credit card information and one person sent a check for $29. The person who sent the check was refunded his money and the three people who called in with their credit cards never had their cards run.

Sooooo, once again S-O-N-J-A-A-B, you have no clue what you are talking about and have just made me waste 10 minutes explaining to people that it was actually you who made the simple process of ordering shirts and sweatshirts such a big, long, drawn-out (and might I add unsuccessful) ordeal.

Still want to know why the thread was "REMOVED FROM PLAIN SITE"?

If Nate or others are not living up to their obligations and it has been brought to the fore-front of this site for caveat emptor purposes, then so be it. I am under the assumption that Nate is going to fix this little mess.

But for you to insinuate that I am a "stiff".....not gonna happen. If you want to continue posting on this site you better be a little bit more cautious about the accusations you throw around.

BTW, it is "S-E-A-N" not "S-H-A-W-N"
Well I can vouch for Sean. Apparently I was one of the 3 that called in and left my credit card # for a sweatshirt. My card never got billed and I hope and can safely assume my information has been thrown away. Sean also PM'd me and told me what was going on and that it didn't look as though we'd be ordering anything due to lack of interest. He even went as far as offering me another item free for my troubles but I told him that wasn't neccessary. So as far as anyone thinking Sean was "stiffing" us or anyone else for that matter...nope.

Buck

#51 ·
Well, basically, none of this would have happened if Big Nate would have responded to any of the past posts. Yes anything could happen to any one of us. My wife got sick last year, and I lost probably 8-10 thousand dollars because of it. I stayed home and took care of her, stayed at the hospital the whole time she was there. I however, called my customers and made them aware of the problem, and guess what? I didn't lose the first one of them. THat is all that BIg Nate had to do at the onset. Make a few phone calls and it would have been taken care of. I don't have a horse in this race either, however, I think that BIg Nate handled it wrong from the get go. HOwever, he has always been kind of obstinate in my opinion. Not a good attitude to have for someone trying to sell himself or a product. I hate to mention names, however how about Bolts, he is hawking a product, however, he is never all about himself or quick to offer an opinionated answer. A true businessman. I am sorry if Big Nate has had problems, I truly am, however, he never handled it right from the start. I wouldn't buy a plastic cable tie from him, only because of his history, and his normal attitude. I would like to see some of the people who have said this past winter that Big Nate has screwed them to respond, have they received their money back or their product? If they have, they need to respond. This saga could go on forever. Big Nate has resonded as of late, however, he has had his typical attitude and not really apoligized in any way that has seemed to be positive to me. This is only my opinion, and you know what that is worth. Those that have bad mouthed his mother, need to know the whole problem. Some have questioned his age, he may be 40, and his mother has helped him out. Wouldn't your mother help you out if you had a problem? I would certainly hope so. This is between Big Nate and whoever, not whoever and his mother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.