1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buy your clothes out of season

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kg26, Aug 30, 2013.

1. kg26

kg26 Senior Member

Okay let me start by saying this post has nothing to do with clothes, but I think you will under stand what I'm getting at. Truck season hasn't hit yet however I did a little truck shopping and picked up a Chevrolet Z71 1/2 Ton to finish out the season I got it for a glock and a ski mask.(ref to the title of this post.)

I'm going to be serving some of the same clients for snow removal my question is how many of you are using your landscaping trucks for snow removal how many of you wont and if you are what are you using 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton full, ton what? If you are the group that wont use the same truck for summer and winter why not. If I do end up using the truck I just bout I'm guessing it will be for resi, no plow hook up, just a 2 stage with ramps good idea?? bad idea??

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5518/9626275500_551181c989_h.jpg

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Fall is the best time to buy a vehicle, prices drop this time of year - at least in my area. If you are using the truck for light use, then toss a plow on it and go. If you have large commercial accounts you'll want a bigger truck and a bigger blade.

3. kg26

kg26 Senior Member

No, it would only be residential.

4. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

We use just about all of our landscaping and lawn trucks for plowing. Having them running year round, producing revenue all year makes sense to me. From F250 to F650 size trucks. It is however, a scramble to transition once in late October/early November then again end of April.

5. kg26

kg26 Senior Member

Fall is when I bought my truck.

6. kg26

kg26 Senior Member

What kind of changes do you have to under go?