1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buy or not buy??

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MatthewG, Mar 28, 2011.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

2004 F450 Flatbed Dump. Truck is in great shape both inside and out. Well taken care of and serviced at local dealer.
    Rear tires have 90% tread with the front having 50% tread remaining
    Replaced both upper and lower ball joints on both sides at 96,059 miles
    Replaced both rear brake calipers and pads at 93,598 miles
    Replaced high pressure pump for injectors at 93,598 miles
    Replaced power steering pump at 86,790 miles
    New EGR valve at 78,830
    Recent Inspection Sticker
    Newly upholstered seats
    2004 FISHER 9' PLOW.
    Updated lights and wiring harness
    New electric motor,solenoid and wiring harness
    New cutting blade
    New plastic bin
    New belts

What do you guys think??????????????????

2. devins

devins Member

if the price is right, buy it. it looks like it was very well taken care of.
  3. MatthewG

I should mention he wants $15,000
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

brickman rig. Looks good, but I bet you can get a better deal then that.
  5. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Agree with Burkartsplow. That looks like a Brickman Truck. Looks sharp and well cared for! Good luck!
  6. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

2 or 4 wheel?, ask EGLC what he got his for.
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Somebody else on here bought a Brickman truck (EGLC?). You should check with him and see how he is liking his and how good the maintenance was on it. Personally, I like that truck. It would be good for lots and roads. I would want a bigger spreader than that though and the early 6.0L would scare me off from the start. Just my opinion though.

EDIT: stik208 confirmed that it must have been EGLC that bought one.
  8. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

PA Winter Services......Were you at the Elliotsburg Auction this past weekend?
  9. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i think its a touch hight there are some better deals than that now and i would stay away from the 6.0 look for a 7.3 good luck
  10. MatthewG

I didnt go, was going too but wasnt feeling the 2.5 hour drive. My dad however was out there with one of the trucks, he said it was a looonnnggg day.

I sent him out to buy a skidsteer, but no luck. He said the field was a muddy mess and he had a hell of a time getting out.
  11. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

Factor a new paint job into the deal, I would be embarrassed to be seen in a turd colored truck. Aside from that the early gen 6.ohno would steer me away.
  12. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Mileage? it looks to be in good condition, I would get a oasis report done on it to see if the motor has had any problems. Some people say stay away from the early 6.0, but I have a 2004 6.0 and it has been great. While some say the price is a bit high, it is in the ballpark of trucks I've been looking at.
  13. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'd go 13k on that if the truck checks out on oasis. I almost bought a 2004 6.0l with now plow or salter but the truck was completely gone over and fresh paint. That guy wanted 10,400. I got my 02 for a little more then that and needed paint but it was a crew cab and a 7.3l with a ton of ew parts wich made it worth it to me.
  14. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

yes if your gonna keep the chevy but if you not forget it
  15. MatthewG

To begin the truck is in Virginia, so its not a rust bucket

The VIN is 1FDXW46P74EB68800, how do I get an Oasis report?

Third the mileage is 97,000

Im not so concerned about the motor since he replaced some of the bad components

The carfax however is not so clean, 2 accidents since 06, again it is a work truck so its not like im buying a used 2010 mercedes S class

My real concern is 2wd, just scares me not having 4wd

Id feel good at 10K maybe go to 12K

Yes Im keeping my Chev and V10 Ford both with Fishers on them

Thanks for the feedback keep them coming
  16. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

I was looking for a skidsteer also. One was beatup more then the pictures online showed. The other one I think was owned by the owners of the auctuion. They were running the same style (newer) machines to load up buyers purchases. The highest bid was 14,000 and they wouldn't sell it for less then 17,500. Yeah right. And yes that field was slick. I was parked behind your dad and watched him struggle. Anyway, I remember seeing your logo on the truck, then seeing it on plowsite. Small world.
  17. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Matthew, I hate to tell you he has not even scratched the surface on expensive stuff that can go wrong on the 6.0. These motors like to eat injectors at $250 a pop plus labor I am guessing the head gaskets have not been done and thats a $5k job alone because the cab has to come off to do them. EGR coolers like to come apart as well as the oil cooler and that's normally right after the EGR cooler goes. In my honest opinion from someone that owns a 6.0 I would find another truck or a 05-07 6.0 and those are not entirely immune either but they are better.
  18. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'd go 13k Matt. The plow and salter are worth a solid $4k and that truck painted will be worth about 13-14k
  19. MatthewG

Update his new price is 13,500, still thinking about it, but the 2wd:gunsfiring:
  20. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

i garuantee he'll take 13k for it...thats almost stupid not to buy at that price. put 2 pallets of salt on the back and you'll be fine.