1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buy an Oem controller or This ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by xgiovannix12, Dec 9, 2014.

Oem or Homemade aftermarket

1. Oem

2. Aftermarket homemade by this guy

0 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

2. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I wouldn't buy anything from that guy based on the listing.
  3. xgiovannix12

yea I guess I can agree with that
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I dint know, it comes with this fancy wiring .

5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If that after market thing was only $50 it might be an option, but for $200 I wouldn't waste my money.
  6. xjoedirt55x

xjoedirt55x Senior Member

Agree, it would have to be a lot cheaper to consider it. Which I was just thinking about the other day..... I don't know how somebody hasn't tapped into the aftermarket business and cut the prices of these controllers considerably down.
  7. xgiovannix12

Funny enough the housing he is using is a flashlight housing.. 50 bucks Id order one but not 200 bucks hes out of his mind.
  8. xjoedirt55x

xjoedirt55x Senior Member

I believe it is the flashlight housing they give out for free at harbor freight too lol.

In all honesty, just looking at the design, I think ergonomically the western handheld would be much easier to hold and control than that.

That being said, I think it is great somebody has taken the initiative to go aftermarket with the controller parts, but the price has to go down to build a reputation and make people buy that as opposed to a brand new one.
  9. xgiovannix12

I would only use it for a spare if it was cheap enough to buy
  10. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

There is a make an offer option. Someone should send him a $50 offer then lol
  11. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

Buyers also makes an aftermarket hand held.
  12. Drain Bamaged

Drain Bamaged Junior Member
    from Rittman

i would try it if it was the $50 price range as people have stated! BUT my down time is not worth me not using a OEM controller. I think i found the pistol grip for my Meyer for $150 and have the box touch pad as a back up. The "JUMPER" wires are scary and not professional at all. i would not chance my setup with this guy hackery.