1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buy a plow for my jeep or trade off

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Smitty58, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

I recently bought a Jeep CJ7 with the thought of putting a plow on it. I have seen some pretty nice trucks already setup with plows that got me thinking which way to go. Should I go ahead and put the plow on the Jeep or sell/trade it for a truck already setup. I don't have a particular truck in mind yet ,just throwing the question out there for you experienced plow guys for some advice.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

My advise is usually to use what you've got rather than incur more expense. One question - why not use that Dodge 1500 you have listed on your profile? Put a 7 1/2' plow on it, plow carefully, don't abuse it, don't overheat it, come to a complete stop when shifting and it should last you a long time.

One thing that would make a difference - how much plowing do you intend to do? If you're getting as much as possible for maybe a 6-7 hour route, I'd advise planning for a replacement within a couple of years due to wear on the front end suspension and drive train.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i like the jeep concept i'm looking for a 7ft or 7.5 for my truck my plow is too small 6.5