1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Busy

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Got Grass?, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Noticing when there is 50 or so users online I get a lot of server busy errors. Goes to show how big this place has gotten.
    I'll be back later & save some bandwith...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2003
  2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

me too, I got the same thing tonight.

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I thought the server just didn't like me...

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

I've had it happen a few times too..Only seems to happen after sitting there typing up a long,thought out,response,then I get a server busy,and it's gone.Then I can't seem to remember what I wrote. :realmad:

5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Don't you hate that?

On another forum I post on, when you hit the back button, it remembers your post. Too bad that doesn't work here.

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

Yeah,it's a real pain,happened last night here,typed a REALLY long post about a problem with our heating system here at the shop,and lost it.

Now I try and remember on long posts,to select evrything,and then copy.So if you lose the post,just reply again,and paste it back in.

7. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

I have removed "No-cache" headers, so you should still see your posts when you hit the "back" button.

I have also changed several server settings yesterday to prevent the "server too busy" error from happening again.

If you ever get that message again, please PM or e-mail me as I do not come here to read the support forum often.

Regards,

Pierre-Luc

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Thank you, Sir.

9. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Just reading some posts tonight and have gotten the "Server too busy" several times.

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Me too!

11. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

Thanks for reporting this - I have made some more changes, which will hopefully fix the problem.

Pierre-Luc

12. leprechaun_50

leprechaun_50 Member
    from SW Minn

Just got a server busy. Only showed 33 members and 19 guests at the time.

13. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

It happened to me just a few days ago when we had 80 users on. I couldn't post for a very long time:realmad:

14. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

Hey,

PlowSite is not the only site hosted on this server - there might have been 160 people on LawnSite and several on the other sites we host too, which partly explains why the server is having a hard time to handle the load during peak periods.

We are now aware of the problem, and I'll do some verifications tonight and tomorrow to find out what's particularily wrong when the server is too busy so we can take actions to correct this.

Sorry for the trouble in the meantime.

Regards,

Pierre-Luc

15. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I was getting a page that stated there was a problem with the data base last night and couldn't access the site.

16. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

That's another problem - the "threads" table in the Plowsite database was corrupt, and information could therefore not be read properly from it. I had to repair the table this morning, after which everything started working properly again.

Sorry for the downtime - do not hesitate to e-mail me to report the error when you get it, as I may not be as fast as you to notice it. The server is monitored for accessibility, but that does not tell me if MySQL is running properly or not.

Regards,

Pierre-Luc

17. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Will do. The page said you had been notified by e-mail, I didn't want to add to what I figured would be a hundred notices about it.

Thanks for the repair, the site is working fine and pretty quickly for me now.

18. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

Sorry, I am effectively notified by e-mail, but notices from the several servers I monitor go in a special folder which I do not review as often as my standard mail, so one notice from a real person would probably ensure faster action.

Regards,

Pierre-Luc

19. wyldman

wyldman Member

Are the no-cache headers still turned off ? I tend to lose my posts if I have to go back to the reply screen.

20. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

They are still off. I personanlly do not lose post information if I hit the back or next button.

Regards,

Pierre-Luc