1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Illini, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Illini

Illini Junior Member

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

yep that sucks.

So your going to your uncles on the 2nd. Hope its a good trip, make sure to share pic withus
  3. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

OOPS!!! :nono:
  4. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

theres a church lot that I use to do and the town trucks would turn around and plow a lane where there turning around.. but whos gonna argue with that ... im not
  5. Illini

Illini Junior Member

Ill try to, but I lost my digital camera.
  6. Illini

Illini Junior Member

so is this whole thing a little overeacting, or is the Town of Tonawandas complaints against the driver valid?

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Very much is a valid complaint.

I know I wouldn't mind having a truck and plow paid for and maintained by the city to go and earn money with.

Heck you could low ball anybody out there and not worry about any overhead.
    He may have been salting lots as well.
  8. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

Two points. One is if he was making $$ doing this with town prop, then thats a def no no. Also, what if he breaks something while doing that?? If he agrees to pay then fine but if the town has to foot the bill.
  9. Illini

Illini Junior Member

yeah ur right
  10. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I have no problem w/ that considering wear & tear on the parking lot from having heavy trucks driving on their property.
  11. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

Don't forget, besides the truck, he's on the clock with the town for time and a half (or more) while he's charging the customers :realmad: .
  12. Illini

Illini Junior Member

it is a bit of a waste of taxpayer money, especially for a place like tonawanda that has so many finanicial problems
  13. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

how Many People From The City Council Get There Private Drives Done By The Same Truck ??????????? See It Here In The Big City All The Time Double Standard A$$es
  14. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

Excellent point!!
  15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I'd say they are underreacting. I would've fired his butt immediately.
  16. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Theyde be better off looking into the City Manager or Comptrollers finances and his wifes and kids finances looking for that kickback he recieved for signing a certain salt purchase order, or equipment purchase order.

Sure. Fire the little guy....whatever, but that three minutes a storm he spends plowing his friends lot is nothing compared to the thievery that goes on above him.
  17. MrBigStuff

MrBigStuff Senior Member
    from Boston

Big scandal here recently. They caught the manager and his son, both employed by the city, performing work by their business using city equipment and labor. Both fired and big investigation. Many of the laborers were punished as well since they should have known better and reported the abuse but didn't. The feds even got involved. In the end, a disgruntled employee blew the whistle.

I don't buy that "why pick on the little guy" argument. Get the low hanging fruit first. Then shake the tree and see what else falls. I don't like my hard earned cash lining someone else pocket. They're always complaining about the city budget and how they need more tax $$$. Clean out the bad apples first and then we'll talk about your budget shortfall.
  18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Sort of need some proof in order to start an investigation. Otherwise our justice system would be overloaded even more with all the corruption that occurs in gov't. Yes, it's there, when it's discovered, punish them all to the same extent, no matter what their position.

3 minutes adds up. Last year, we caught a city plower sleeping 6 nights in a row in the same spot. Should we turn in his boss? Or the worthless bum that was wasting tax dollars and then ripping off contractors making them buy licenses to plow in their city and supporting this bum. Good reasons for privatization of as many services as possible.
  19. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

I agree with everything you said. Im just tired of this " If we hang enough little guys, eventually the kingpins will fall" attitude and tactic.

Most of it's all for a good tv rating and a feel like we got em story more than anything else....some dood loses his job and nothing changes, and all the while the real thieves sit back and laugh.

20. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Then the guy that lost his job goes out, gets a crappy plow for his truck that he's two payments behind on and lowballs that account you and I want.

It never ends. lol