1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Busted rear spring 07 3Fiddy

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 07PSDCREW, Oct 25, 2013.

1. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

So last month I was driving to work and noticed my wheel cocked to the left major while going straight. I'm kind of anal about alignments and having my wheel straight so I knew something was bad. Upon inspection I found my left rear main leaf broken. Ballz!

I was able to eventually pick up a main leaf from Spring Rebuilders in Worcester ma for 90$
    The whole spring pack was 300! I figured I'd give it a shot and replace the main myself. There's "C" shaped clamps over the leafs that have to be heated and bent open. Its important to clamp the spring back together to install the through bolt as it is only a grade 5 bolt and is not meant to suck all the springs together. The hardest part was getting the new spring back in. It would've been easier had I been equipped with three hands but oh well. Here's some pix. Don't mind the mess of a shop...it's my buddy's place and he's a packrat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Few more:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]