1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Busted Plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by legendbridges, Nov 4, 2008.

1. legendbridges

legendbridges Junior Member

I have a stupid question. What is the best way to get a plow home which is stuck on the ground fo what ever reason, if you are by yourself??

2. powderski14

powderski14 Junior Member
    from ny

The way my dad and i have done it you can probably do by yerself....take a 2x4 and get it under the blade then use it as a lever and if you can get the chain and attach it to the hook so if won't fall on your feet.....or use the 2x4 just enough to get a car jack under it then you won't have to worry bout it stealing yer toes when you attach the chain to the hook

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have run the plow up a snow pile, once at the top of the pile snow shorten the chain. That should let you drive away.

4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

What do you do on a cylinder lift not a chain lift?

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

is it a MM1 or 2? Aren't the MM2's a little easier to short chain as they have a different style hook on the lift arm that allows you to short chain it right there instead of on the headgear like on the MM1's? Either way, run it up a snow pile...use your vehicles emergency jack to get it off the ground, if this happens, your main objective is to just get it home so i can be fixed correctly, so even a slight bit off the ground will help!

6. VBR

VBR Member

Thats a good benefit of having a chain lift plow. i dont know what you would do if you had a blizzard, sno-way or boss.

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

And there is a big selling point that fisher/western and other chain lift manufacturers use =]

8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Good question, I have never had a plow that didn't have a chain.
    I'm sure someone here has a solution though.

9. Turkey

Turkey Member

I carry a 3" ratchet strap for my Boss, but it's never been used yet.

10. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Good call, I have a bunch of straps in my truck. Hopefully I won't need this for this season :)

knock on wood.........

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe there trying to tell their potential customers something. ;) Not sure it's a smart selling point to tell the customer "if it breaks you just do this"...

We've been over this a 1000 times at the very least. You can short chain a cylinder lift plow. You just carry the chain in the bed instead of it already being on the plow. Big deal. :rolleyes: