1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Busted off plow catch on MM1 A-FRAME

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by slowjett, Feb 2, 2011.

1. slowjett

slowjett Junior Member

Hey guys, what are those hooks on the mm1 frame are called? They hook under the bar that sticks off the back of the plow?

Anyway I bought a used plow and the were both bent backwards. I fixed them and tonight discovered one was broken completely off. I did a real rough driveway tonight and I think I lost it there. Is it safe to plow without it for a few days? Whats its primary function? Do these break a lot? Im hoping to fabricate a beefier one.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I've seen a few bent ones. Not super critical when pushing shallow snow forward, but don't do any back dragging or heavy stacking till you get it fixed.

3. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

If I were to guess thiose are there so the blade doesnt flex that much and put stress on the top of the A frame at the pin. You will soon learn MM1 like to break the weld at the top of the A frame

4. glennemay

glennemay Member

Which weld are you talking about?

G

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm in......

6. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

At the top off the Aframe. the weld at the hole where the pin goes in breaks.

[​IMG]

So if you are talking about those lil L shape tabs by the milk crate are broken you are putting extra stress on the top of the a frame

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  7. glennemay

glennemay Member

Cool. Good to know what to look for. The poor plow has been beat on so bad this year that I am sure I have stresses that need to be fixed.

Thanks again.
    Glenn

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

How so? They just keep the blade from tipping back too far when you are backdragging

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

That is the nicest MM1 I have ever seen. Is that a brand new moldboard or a resto you did? Awesome shape!