1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Busted boss

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by plow north, Jan 18, 2011.

1. plow north

plow north Member

I would like to know if where the lift cylinder is connected to the Coupler Tower can this be welded or is it white melt.
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

it is mild steel. weld it. cover the exposed rod on the cylinder though.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I has happened before and there are pics on here of it too. I have see guys weld it and then add a piece of flat stock to the top of the tube to add some strenght to it. I know there was talk of boss changing the thickness of that tube. This was a while back also.
  4. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

have photos of the issue?

5. Woodenshoe

Woodenshoe Member

I messed with re-welding, reinforcing, then still ended up replacing. Save yourself the time and trouble and cut that cheap piece tubing out of there and weld in something with some meat to it.
  6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

the ears that boss use to connect the cylinder to the cross tube have been strengthened. the tube now runs through the tabs and they are welded 360* instead of just having the tabs below the tube. our new 9.2 v has this compared to our slightly older 9.2's

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member