1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

busted a lockout

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Donny O., Jan 5, 2008.

1. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

we haven't had snow in a week but one of my drives the guy called and said it had drifted bad and he coudn't get in to his drive that goes to his pole barn.....he is out in the country. so went over to clear it. it was drifted up about 2 feet so took some work to get through it but I managed. i'm almost done and pull out in the street and go to turn around and push back the corners and POP.....no more 4x4. so pushed them back in 2wd the best i could and now I have some work to do this weekend. i will see if i can get pictures of any good carnage if there is any!! hopefully it will be a piece of cake!!
  2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

That sucks, I've never really understood how 4wd works locks. Does it work the same on newer trucks. I never even thought of something like that breaking. Makes me nervous. lol
  3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

that sux, hopefully its no biggie but make sure you post the carnage! Carnage is always fun to see. I wish i would have taken pictures of my front pump on the trans broken into 4 chunks!