1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Business software

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Creagers Lawns, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Creagers Lawns

Creagers Lawns Junior Member
    from 84020

I'm looking for a software package that i can keep track of my lawn customers and snow removal customers. I want to be able to do scheduling, repeat service,invoice, accounts recieveable, maintenance and expenses, material costs etc. I,ve checked out quickbooks and its a good program but you can't schedule or anything like that. Whats everyone else using? pencil and Paper has got to go spend more time doing book work then I am doing the work that makes the money

2. Tubby's Snow Plowing

Tubby's Snow Plowing Senior Member

Some Wayne gentlemen here posts a lot about his software stuff in every post asking about this kind of thing. Just look around the forum or wait a few minutes for him to find this post and post his sales pitch about it.

3. b&b landscapes

b&b landscapes Member

hi creagars, we use Sage Peachtree Accounting..... About the same as quickbooks, but does seem a little more landscape friendly and it has a payroll option that you dont have to pay for like with quickbooks
    I just bought my program at office depot for $299 with $200 rebate so Its also right now 1/3 the cost of quickbooks

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I am trying two new prigrams right now, both have apps for my iphone so I can send a bill via email as soon as the job is done, along with being able to look at any customers past invoices and balance's. One is called invoice2go and the other is calle Billings. They both have free trail periods. I have tried to use Qucikbooks in the past but it makes me want to poke my eye out with a sharp pencil.

Regards Mike

5. b&b landscapes

b&b landscapes Member

6. Creagers Lawns

Creagers Lawns Junior Member
    from 84020

I found a software package called ServLite im demoing it now and so far it seems to be a good program, does scheduling, routing, payroll, invoicing, you can set up your own services that your business offers and what prices you charge www.irissystems.biz

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  7. Tubby's Snow Plowing

I use Quickbooks for all my businesses and scheduling is a simple spreadsheet.

8. KCD Snow Pro

KCD Snow Pro Member
    from IL.

Check out "nediso" software.

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

From what I've seen it appears to be pretty easy and straight forward to run.
    I have a friend who' an IT geek and I'm going to have him take a look at it. I've been doing everything manually in MS Word and Excel with templates I've set up for each customer. My system works pretty good once everything is set up but adding customers is somewhat labor-some. Thx for the heads up.

10. crewtracker

crewtracker Inactive

Comprehensive Software

I'm going to try and avoid a sales pitch.. if you want software that literally takes care of every aspect of running your snow business (integrates with QuickBooks™ and interfaces to other accounting software) check out crewtrackersoftware.com, or give us a call 877-427-4047 and we can give you some names and numbers of current clients and they can tell you their experiences using CrewTracker Software. ** Specifically designed for snow by a CSP! If you're using software that handles snow the way it handles lawn, you might as well just keep using a pen and paper... and don't even get us started on spreadsheets! yuck!

For the lawn side, we link directly with Qxpress which is great for lawn. (Comes free with CrewTracker)

11. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

GroundskeeperPro or Blizzardbuster

From Adkad.com

12. Tubby's Snow Plowing

Wish they had it for Mac.

13. flykelley

Billings is a software for Mac, have it on my desktop and my iphone.

Mike

14. crewtracker

crewtracker Inactive

I have a macbook pro and I run our software through a program called parallels.

15. jsource

jsource Junior Member
    from ks

I use Quickbooks for the accounting & Qxpress for the scheduling & routing end of it. Qxpress is designed for Quickbooks, they work as one so there is no double entry. The web site is www.qxpress.com.

16. Tubby's Snow Plowing

I downloaded the app for my iPhone, but haven't looked at the desktop for Mac yet. I like to test drive the app first.

I run a Mac Mini with Leopard. Haven't gotten the Parallels/Bootjack yet and haven't had a reason to do so yet. Everything I do with my businesses I can do with Mac based software. My wife has her netbook with Windows but my stuff is Mac all the way.

17. flykelley

Hi Tubby
    The billings for desktop is also a free trial, I find it a bit hard to move around in but it seems to be getting a little easier each time. The one thing I like is it will talk to the iphone so if Im in the field and do a invoice on my iphone it will sync with the desktop version when I get back to the office.

Mike

18. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I use quickbooks & qexpress. Previously clip. prefer q express. good support

19. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

service autopilot has been the best thing ever. they dont have a good solution to the snow industry yet, but they have the lawn care side nailed and every update gets better and better

i belive that by next year they will have a good solution for winter next year.

but its been REALLY nice all summer long. i would encourage anyone that uses QB , that you need to check this softaware out

best part its 100% cloud based. doesnt matter what computer your on, ipad, i phone, black berry, friends house, work, home mobil in the truck, you have full access to all data. no need to worry about your computer dieing ever again,

20. crewtracker

crewtracker Inactive

response to Creagers Lawn:

I think you will find that "scheduling" fits the lawn side and not the snow side. That's one of the biggest differences in our software is that it is event driven and not schedule bound. That being said, our software is tailored to the snow business but since the majority of you all out there do both snow and lawn, Qxpress is part of our software and that is schedule bound which is great for lawn. Our software integrates great with Quickbooks™ so there is no double entry.

You definitely want to stay away from pencil and paper or spreadsheets because when it comes to litigation, you need to have different reports and data saved that proves where you were when you said you were and that you did what you said you did.