1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Business Name???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Ngom12, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Ngom12

Ngom12 Junior Member

I'm Officially going into business. I have a business name that i would like to use, so i want to submit it to the state. can i do this, without filing as an LLC?? to be honest, it is a little blurry to me.

I guess my main questions is: I have a good business name that i dont want anyone taking. Alreeady started working on a logo and everything. What would be the best way to secure this name? the plans are to grown the business, but right now it is jsut me and my truck.

FYI: Not going into business until NEXT winter, just getting all the planning out of the way now so im prepared next year. Thanks!
  2. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Go to your town clerk and register for a DBA for starters. You probaly don't need to get an LLC right away. If you really want to you could trademark the name.
  3. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I'm purely guessing, but I bet you have to register or trademark it to a national database. I'm not sure how to go about this. I have always worked DBA. I did find a couple months ago when I was searching google, that there is a business in Alaska with the same name as mine. It hasn't been an issue though.
  4. Curro

Curro Member

5. Ngom12

Ngom12 Junior Member

Nice! that is exactly what i was looking for. thanks for the help