1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Business Name and Subbing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Injunfarian, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

In ontario do I need a business name if all I will be doing is being a sub contractor this year? Or does it just work like I was an employee for that company.
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

you can sub under your personal name, but you are still going to submit bills and such. it is always good policy to have a operating name, and it doesnt cost much, $75 dollars to register a name (at least it was that the last time i checked)
  3. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

Yeah after I posted I thought about it and decided that I was just going to get a registered name since it is cheap for the peace of mind especially if someone flags me down at the end of the storm to do their drive.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Do you have insurance for plowing?
  5. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

Just got it today,
    Got my current auto insurance changed to allow me to drive with a plow on my truck(required in ontario i guess)
    also got a quote coming in for commercial general liability insurance coming tommorrow so I can add that by Nov 1st.