1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Business discount?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by addicted, Dec 15, 2005.

1. addicted

addicted Senior Member

When i open accounts for my regular job i usually get a 20-40% discount. Any such thing with plow dealers, salt suppliers, ect? Any average discount %ages?

2. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Plow dealers discount :D HaHaHa! No serious- I have delt with the same one for around 15 years and over the past two years or so I am finally getting a little break on parts. A 25 dollar hose for 20 or so, but not during a storm. Figure thier bread and butter is only good for 5 months out of the year so they have to make it while they can.

Think Snow!

3. addicted

addicted Senior Member

well, i figured as much. Do you have an open account ot are you just walk in? I wonder if they even do open accounts?

4. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Open account, but I only spend about 2-3 hundred a year with them! Only have two trucks!

5. FianoLawn

FianoLawn Junior Member

Maybe if you were buying a larger quantity of snowplows or parts, would you get a price break. I was told by a large company around here that I was hoping to do some sub work for to mention their name and they dealer would give me breaks but I never ended up working with them. As far as the salt goes I do receive contractors pricing on that. I purchase it at a local Ag-one co-op. I just had to give them a copy of mt business certificates. Put restrictions on the account though.