1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Business card makers?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by lawncare18, Feb 9, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Anyone have any good websites to order real nice business cards? I am looking to desing some and order them through a good company! Thanks in advance on this.

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

http://www.overnightprints.com/main.php?A=pricing

I've ordered multiple cards from here. I designed them and uploaded. They are as stiff as a credit card, super clean ink and a uv coating keeps them looking good. Oh did I mention there cheep too:)

3. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Hey green,

What picture did you use for snow plowing?

4. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

I know you asked for business cards, but I had 500 business card size magnets made and I give those out instead. I figured business cards just get thrown on someones desk or in a drawer. The magnets will end up on the fridge where they will see it every day!
    I used this company they were great.

http://www.custom-magnets.com/

5. addicted

addicted Senior Member

Great idea!

6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I have had very good luck with www.48hourprint.com you can design your own card using the there templates and they keep the card on file so you can reorder easy.

7. Grn Mtn

Unless they don't stick, nothing more frustrating than a magnet that won't even hold up my kids picture. --although I do always refer to my pizza shops magnet to call them.

8. Grn Mtn

Uh sorry, I'm having a brain fart, picture used on what?

9. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

did you get more reponse calls from those? I usually ask my customers where they found my number for curiousity so I can see what advertisement is working best

10. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

I haven't really given many out yet. I gave one to each of my current customers and put a few in a letter offering my services and threw them in some mailboxes. I plow for my 90 house development. It's about 5 miles of roads so that keeps me pretty busy every storm plus about 3 to 5 driveways so far. So I was trying to pick-up some more driveways in there. I'm only doing it part time by myself so I don't want to get to big. It pays for the truck and equipment with a little play money on the side!!:drinkup:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  11. Mike from NH

Mike from NH Junior Member

12. nextdoorlabor

nextdoorlabor Junior Member

i've also used vistaprint.com... they're "free" (with 12$ shipping, basic designs, and vistaprint advertising on the back). If you want a little bit more quality and a blank back, you have to spend a bit more but the price is still very reasonable.. i got very nice results from them.

13. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

While not very cost effective, in a pinch you can make your own. Your local office supply store should have perforated sheets (they really come apart clean) and generally have the adhesive magnets that you can put your cards on as well. As stated, it will cost more to do it this way, but can get you by in a pinch.
    [​IMG]

14. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

vistaprint.com

I use them for all my business cards, postcards, and flyers

great pricing, and service.
    you can use one of their templates, or upload your own.

15. solar

solar Member
    from Mass.

Over the years I've ordered about 4,000+ cards from them and have always been VERY impressed with their service. I highly recomend them.

16. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I have done multiple cards through www.printsmadeeasy.com I even have a real neat snow flake as my background. I dont know how I could upload the pdf so everyone could see. Cheap, and fast too.

17. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I make my own. I use Printshop which has a business card template. Just buy some heavy weight paper (I think its around 80lbs) or cardstock.

18. Grn Mtn

online them, really....

hey ridehard, you really ought to try it, ordering them from overnightprints.com. I just ordered my new cards and they are awesome, just like a credit card and supercrisp ink. trust me, I can print them from home too but for the quality price and free shipping, no tax, why wouldn't you.

plowsiteFrontBack.jpg

19. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'll have to check them out!!