1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bus stop snow removal

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by landscaper1018, Nov 16, 2014.

1. landscaper1018

landscaper1018 Junior Member

Got a call to bid on some bus stops for the county first time i hear of this.
    The shelter areas are 8'x6' and the benches 6' they have to be included plus salting.
    What could be a good going rate for this.
  2. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

A good going rate would be 2times whatever you make with a pickup and two shovelers now. Keep in mind you have to be done before the first people show up for the first bus. Also keep in mind that all those people waiting for buses have nothing better than to stomp on the snow thus making hardpac a major problem. I won't even mention the nasty lawyers fighting for their clients who fall down getting off the bus
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You sure?

4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I would like to do a lot of those. OR NOT!!!!

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

5 bucks per shelter.... Or is that to high? Kidding. I would say $55 per stop including salt.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  6. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

great pictures Grandview. The other thing to consider is bollards around the stops too.