1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Burning Truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Matt, Nov 22, 2000.

1. Matt

Matt Member

One of my drivers this morning watched a truck in a adjacent lot basically burn to the ground. He said there was steam coming out and the driver just kept driving, next thing coming out was flames then the fire company. Oh by the way it was the school district. Next thing I know they are calling us because we are plowing for the construction company that is working on the school and have already submitted all of the necessary paperwork including the all important certificate of insurance.

2. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Let's see if I can guess which school district ??

Referral work IS the best, huh Matt......

3. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

Just learned this morning that a big company in my area just cooked off their new '01 F550. ($55,000 set-up)

The scary thing is I talked to the driver and he said it started in the tricked-out hydraulic system mounted behind the cab: the exact SAME hydraulic system I just had built for my new F350.