1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Burned truck pics try 2

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ben, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Ben

Ben Member

Here are a couple of pics of my truck.
    Good news is I just picked up my new blade will post pics of it soon. Thanks Ben

2. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

Man that is awful, just glad that you were okay and that you have your new blade to get back out there and having fun.
  3. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Yikes, you asked for questions about a new set up in your other thread right? So, you have another truck? Sorry about the loss of the truck and plow. It's gotta suck.
  4. FF279

FF279 Banned

Im sorry to hear about that man. Is the insurace covering it? what truck are you looking at next... Ryan
  5. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

I had a van that some kids burned. Its amazing what fire can do to a car.
  6. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

No damage to the building you were by was there? Be glad you weren't checking under the hood when the battery blew, if thats what happened. Glad you're alright.
  7. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

man that looks ruff.....did you ever find the cause, i have seen hydraulic lines blow before on my mowing tractor, blow right onto the motor and you just run for your life, it is like a flame thrower.

good luck with the new equip

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Reason #64,987,987

Not to own a ford.
  9. jeffwoehrle

jeffwoehrle Member

By the looks of your sig you can't really decide what to own... :redbounce
  10. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

man, don't you get cold plowing with no windows?? just had to add a little humor, that sucks big time, whats the insurance company say?
  11. streetsurfin'

No, he's decided....anything but Ford. :D hehe!
  12. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

A buddy of mine had his F-Superduty flare up in a parking lot this last storm. He is not sure what caused it but luckily the restaurant he was plowing had a fire extiguisher and caught it before it looked like a burn out shell. Was able to save the plow luckily, but still did alot of damage.
  13. jeffwoehrle

jeffwoehrle Member

Would like to know the source of the fire. Most likely a modification gone bad (wires for lift, for example).

Years ago a friend of mine modified the AC pump on his GMC 4x4 to have compressed air (for offroading and whatnot). Used a propane tank (10 pound) for air storage mounted under the hood. Long story short, the tank ruptured and blew off fuel lines on the engine. The resulting fire consumed the truck and the small camper on the back. Certainly not the fault of GM, but then there's this:

Can you say, design flaw???? payup
  14. streetsurfin'

In his original thread he said they thought the battery blew up first, that there was a loud pop right before the fire. That could have been caused by a mod gone bad as you say or even a defective or loose battery, broken plates etc. Of course if a fire starter near the battery first, like p/s fluid spraying on the manifold it could do the same. Do insurance companies do a thorough investigation to find the cause in something like this?
  15. jeffwoehrle

jeffwoehrle Member

I'm sure the insurance co would want to know. My buddy way back when didn't have coverage on his vehicle, just liability. Don't know of anybody who had a car (or truck) catch fire who would know.

I bet that before you'd get any check from insurance they would have a looksee to determine the cause.

Maybe even find a way to weasel out of paying... :confused:
  16. Ben

Ben Member

My Back up truck is 2004 F-250 Crew cab 5.4 6 speed with 4.10 LS got it last year. I just never had it set up for a plow before, but I bit the bullet and bought a Boss 8'2" poly V blade :) Unfortunately I just had liability insurance on my old truck. And no the building I was plowing at did not have any damage.
  17. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

You got it.
  18. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Only liability on a truck you worked with?
  19. Ben

Ben Member

Reaper it was a 1990 model truck that was just used in the winter. My other trucks have full coverage.
  20. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Member

RIGHT ON BROTHER!!!!!!!!!! :drinkup: