1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

burned out radio bulbs

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by k&j Landscaping, Mar 25, 2010.

1. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Lost my back lights on the band/cd button on my stock radio the other night. The rest of the buttons and switches all light up. Of course it is the button I've used the most over the past 5 years. Anyways being anal, is it a real pain to replace bulbs? or should I just live with it? Just curious if anyone else had done any bulb replacing. All the other dash lights work on everything.
  2. gas man

gas man Junior Member

live with it or buy a new radio.
  3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Related question, I've lost the lights behind a couple of the HVAC buttons, like the rear defrost. Any way to replace it?
  4. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I have ony a couple left working,once one went out they it was not long before the rest went out.My volume on the steering wheel went dark also,it drives me nuts but there nothing i can do about it.
  5. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

i have the same problem on my steering wheel except i know have 4 lights out. if anyone knows how to fix this i would love to know. i doubt it is possible though without taking apart the whole steering wheel.
  6. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

you can buy the bulbs at radio shack 272-1154 have to soder in new ones. Google corvetteradio
  7. Dockboy19

Dockboy19 Junior Member

I know this sounds really stupid but i "had" the same problem with my radio where i lost most of the lights. Till one day my friend decide to punch my radio to see if the lights came back on.....well they did. I don't recommend going out and giving it a good punch but maybe a tap.